Author Topic: "Pro-gun" Tester stabs us in the back  (Read 1439 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
"Pro-gun" Tester stabs us in the back
« on: January 16, 2013, 02:01:58 PM »
http://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/background-checks-mental-health-records-needed-for-gun-buys-tester/article_ea9eea26-ba2b-5516-bcea-4429371bb662.html

... firing a gun isn’t as easy as pulling one up. He doesn’t want to impose that responsibility on teachers.

What a turncoat moron  [barf]

I hope folks now are glad they didn't vote for Denny Sue the Fire Department Rehburg  :facepalm:

Anyone know where we can find a good deal on a used spaceship  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: "Pro-gun" Tester stabs us in the back
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 02:03:14 PM »
"Pro-gun" Democrats are just like "pro-life" Democrats: it just costs a little more before they'll toe the party line. (I am speaking of politicians, of course.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 02:53:28 PM »
"Pro-gun" Democrats are just like "pro-life" Democrats: it just costs a little more before they'll toe the party line. (I am speaking of politicians, of course.)

I can't see that it cost The Party anything  =|

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 03:50:13 PM »
Yep, saw that one coming from Testor.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 05:39:55 PM »
I'm trying to figure out where the "40%" number of gun sales not going through a background check came from ???

I don't know how you would track FTF sales, anyway  =|

Sounds like he pulled it out of his fat ass  :mad:

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 08:27:50 PM »
I was going to say the 40% is an atmospheric extraction but your comments is apropos.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon