Author Topic: Help me find a story please.  (Read 700 times)

Old Fud

• friend
Help me find a story please.
« on: September 25, 2006, 09:11:49 PM »
I was just drifting.   Blog-hopping and skipping along while my mind free-wheeled.  Started at LawDog's blog, tied to a linked site, wandered around there for awhile, skipped to another linked site, etc.

Somewhere along the way, I stumbled over a story.
It was a SHTF tale in which a man got early warning over the net from a blogger he trusted that terrorists were going to explode multiple dirty bombs in cities around the country in the AM.

He decided it would be wise to execute the family bug-out plan and move to the parent's farm for awhile.
Then the tale unfolded.
The reluctance of the family to buy in to the plan.
The effort to get loaded and on the road ---- the delays from discovering the batteries had died, fuel was low, food reserves weren't quite what they should be.

Traffic build-up as the word began to spread and they were trying to get out of the populous areas.  Selecting alternate routes.

During all this, little things were going wrong but he was coping.
The suspense kept building.

As I said, I was drifting.
I speed-read most of it.
Then I wandered on looking for other sites.

But the more that story lurks in my memory, the more powerful it becomes.
I've GOT to go back and read it again.

Please help me find it.

Fud.
Change is Bad!

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 10:01:45 PM »
Check your "history " on your computer. If you have not cleared this, sites visited will still be listed.

Possible sites off the top of my head: Frugal Squirrel, Claire Wolf - links from blogs: View From The Porch, LawDog Files, Xavier's Thoughts, Mad Ogre...

spinr

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 10:30:44 PM »

Old Fud

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 05:41:18 AM »
Spin -- that's it.  Thank you very much.

Thank you too, SM.   I've used "back", of course, but never really dived into the history offering before.
Amazing the things just waiting for you to discover, isn't it?

Life is good.

Fud.
Change is Bad!