Author Topic: ass End Animal ID?  (Read 988 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: ass End Animal ID?
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2023, 08:02:35 PM »
Yes, I concur with a badger.

Also badgers eat gophers, you might want to give this guy a pass.

That would be a good reason to let him slide for a while. Or from what I've been reading, this time of year maybe a she, as apparently the females will hunt during the day if they've got kids in the burrow.

If the burrow is where I think it is, it's not hurting anything there, and yes, lots of gopher mounds in the area.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2023, 08:14:52 PM »
What you have there is a wild K Frame. You need to poison or garrote it in a trap before it can reproduce. Be vewy vewy careful….
What we have here is failure to communicate.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2023, 05:17:55 PM »
Well, regarding that rockchuck, not only did he not go into the live trap, but apparently more showed up on the bridge and they dug two new holes right at critical areas for bridge support in the last day.

So off to Cabelas this morning to buy some of that Hornady varmint .223 that fragments (steel bridge and ricochet concerns) and two of them are not only dead, but like the antigunners say, they were obliterated. Good ammo. I shot a couple of 50 yard three shot groups on my range and they were "good enough" close to my regular range 5.56 that I didn't need to mess with my scope. First time I've hunted with a can. I like it. The .223 did not cycle reliably though in my piston .223 Wylde rifle.

The game cam is still alerting me about movement, so there's at least one more there. That'll be tomorrow morning.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2023, 07:22:39 AM »
What you have there is a wild K Frame. You need to poison or garrote it in a trap before it can reproduce. Be vewy vewy careful….

GONNA CUT YOU, BITCH!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2023, 01:23:23 PM »
Well, there was actually a chuck in the live trap this morning. I decided not to kill him. He's Oregon's problem now. I'll be parked by the bridge this afternoon to try and explodey a few more.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2023, 02:14:18 PM »
Well, there was actually a chuck in the live trap this morning. I decided not to kill him. He's Oregon's problem now. I'll be parked by the bridge this afternoon to try and explodey a few more.

He will be back, I have seen movies about those animals that trek for days and months on end to return home. Just make sure you have some carrots for him when he gets back, he will probably be hungry. :)

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2023, 02:43:17 PM »
THIS is a "good" woodchuck.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2023, 02:54:45 PM »
Larry, is that a .22 ?
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2023, 03:03:49 PM »
Larry, is that a .22 ?

https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/lever-action-22-carbine-rifle/

I topped it with a Weaver 1-3X20 scope. Certain death to small varmints.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009768280/

And it's just plain fun to shoot.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2023, 09:23:46 AM »
https://www.henryusa.com/rifles/lever-action-22-carbine-rifle/

I topped it with a Weaver 1-3X20 scope. Certain death to small varmints.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009768280/

And it's just plain fun to shoot.

I have that very same scope on top of my Marlin 45-70 guide gun. Insanely good glass for the money and size. Or it was until they stopped making them and they now go for stupid high money on ebay.  A little distortion at 1x but usable.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes