Main Forums > The Mess Hall

Carnitas

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kingcreek:
It seems that with all the different methods and recipes there is almost universal agreement the pork should be juicy and tender with crispy edges.

Jim147:
There is a Mexican restaurant a few towns south of me. It's been over a year since I was there. They offer them in traditional crispy and chunks still in the roasting juice. First time I was there I got a steak a crispy and a juicy mess. That turned me to the juicy mess most of the time.
Oh and a jalapeño cilantro sauce on top.

Kingcreek:
They were delicious but took a lot longer than I expected. Started at 3pm and sat down to eat at 9pm.
The pit barrel smoking went well but was using different charcoal and it took me awhile to regulate, marinaded with orange and lime juice and the residual dry rub from the overnight fridge dish and then foil wrapped and back on for 2 hours.
Used 2 cast iron skillets for heating the corn tortillas and crisping the separated meat on the gas grill. left the meat in mostly thumb sized chunks.
Chopped onion, cilantro, diced tomato, avocado, shredded cheese, and lime wedges for garnish.

Jim147:
I picked up a pork butt Monday and my wife decided to steal it and make pulled pork in the slow cooker.

Might need to rethink this marriage.

Big Hairy Bee:
https://youtu.be/kATDHi2M32Y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version