Author Topic: The Unit  (Read 711 times)

Silver Bullet

• friend
The Unit
« on: November 26, 2009, 06:49:36 PM »
I'm a big fan of this show.  I was particularly impressed with the very first episode, where the team members were doing a live fire room-clearing exercise.  In my Tactical course, we did room clearing, but it certainly wasn't live fire.

I'm watching an episode now in the fourth season (and, I believe, the last season   =( ), where one of the good guys tells the shifty government guy, "He thinks you’re lower than Jane Fonda; doesn’t mean you can’t take a watch."
 :lol:

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: The Unit
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 09:20:27 PM »
I also really liked it. I sometimes found myself fast forwarding through some of the "household issues" segments, but overall thought it was a good series. I need to re-watch the first couple of seasons again.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 09:34:18 PM »
I liked the wives' segments.  I felt they were an important part of the show as 1) they made it unique among shows of this type, at least in my viewing experience; and 2) they humanized the soldiers as people who had family back home who loved them who they loved.  Too often certain elements of society act like because they're soldiers, they're disposable.

Reminds me when Gore was running for president, and he did his best to keep soldiers' mail-in ballots from being counted after screaming about the minority voters in Florida being "disenfranchised."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 09:37:30 PM »
One of my favorite shows, ever.  Too bad it kinda went down the weird "domestic terrorist" road a little too far, and some of the wife drama got old.  But overall, one of my favorites.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”