Author Topic: Fear-mongering and the Age of Obama  (Read 6211 times)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Fear-mongering and the Age of Obama
« on: February 06, 2009, 08:08:35 AM »
Tell me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the same tactic democrats accuse W of using to advance WOT policy? Correct me again, but won't this bail-out bill and the ones preceding it outpace our spending on the WOT?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D965I5CG4&show_article=1

"This recession might linger for years. Our economy will lose 5 million more jobs. Unemployment will approach double digits. Our nation will sink deeper into a crisis that, at some point, we may not be able to reverse," Obama wrote in the newspaper piece.

And in other news:

The most sweeping proposal, advanced by Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., would have eliminated all the spending and replaced it with a series of tax cuts. It was defeated 61-36.

I'm proud to have Jim DeMint as my Senator He and the Governor, Mark Sanford, have been hard-line capitalist and anti-bailout the whole way, even though SC stands to get a large chunk of cash out of this fiasco. I wish DeMint and the "Gang of 36" well as they fight Communism in the Senate.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Fear-mongering and the Age of Obama
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 08:14:19 AM »
Funny how they didn't fight for tax cuts that hard for all the previous eight years.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 08:38:26 AM »
Funny how they didn't fight for tax cuts that hard for all the previous eight years.

I think it's safe to say there is a core of Senators that has consistently fought against big government no matter who is in office. DeMint is one of them. My other Senator, the McCain suck-up Lindsey Grahamnesty, is not. I voted against him in November.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

wquay

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 10:32:04 AM »
Yep. I was hoping to see the end of the politics of fear with Bush & Co leaving, but I guess not.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 10:32:46 AM »
I think it's safe to say there is a core of Senators that has consistently fought against big government no matter who is in office. DeMint is one of them. My other Senator, the McCain suck-up Lindsey Grahamnesty, is not. I voted against him in November.

I see you are a South Carolinian as well. Graham can burn in hell.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 11:45:37 AM »
You will never see the end of the politics of fear.  From the beginning it's been about who fears whom.  As was said in V is for Vendetta (an otherwise rather lame movie), "A government should fear its people."
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 01:23:39 PM »
I saw Obama on Fox news this morning saying something like "We need to get away from the politics of the last 8 years and the thinking that tax cuts will stimulate the economy". ;/

I'm just trying to figure out how taking a trillion dollars out of the economy, throwing it into that black hole called "Washington D.C." from which not even light can escape, is going to stimulate anything other than a bunch of politicians' egos.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 01:52:32 AM »
What Obama is really afraid of is the power of the individual.  He has one goal: to concentrate power in the hands of a leftist government. 
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Logos

• I am that am...
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 08:41:43 PM »
Good.

This country has drifted so far to the right that we badly need a little left to get us back to the center.
There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America.
Barack Obama

digitalandanalog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 09:01:28 PM »
This country has drifted so far to the right that we badly need a little left to get us back to the center.

That your idea of a joke, right?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 09:18:49 PM »
That your idea of a joke, right?

No, he's not. He's been expressing various leftist views on several threads on this forum.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Logos

• I am that am...
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 09:23:36 PM »
So, I'm a leftist and you're a rightist.

Big deal, it's a free country.........at least since Bush is gone.
There is not a liberal America and a conservative America - there is the United States of America. There is not a black America and a white America and latino America and asian America - there's the United States of America.
Barack Obama

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 09:27:38 PM »
So, I'm a leftist and you're a rightist.

Big deal, it's a free country.........at least since Bush is gone.

Yeah, because if you had spouted leftist ideals during the Bush admin, you'd have been marched off to Guantanamo Bay or something.... :rolleyes:

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Logos

• I am that am...
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 09:35:11 PM »
Maybe......Bush is the one that started listening to our phone calls.
Barack Obama

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 09:41:55 PM »
Maybe......Bush is the one that started listening to our phone calls.

Oh...you mean like what is permitted by the FISA bill, which Obama voted for?

Got a clue for you, that's still happening, and it's partially thanks to Obama. 

Also, Bush isn't the one who started the practice, he just dramatically widened it's scope.  You've got Clinton to thank for that.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Logos

• I am that am...
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 09:49:08 PM »
So.....Hillary was a mistake.

I buy that.
Barack Obama

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 09:51:03 PM »
So.....Hillary was a mistake.

I buy that.

I meant Bill, not Hillary, though yes, I'd consider appointing her to Sec. of State a mistake (along with the rest of the Obama administration).

Logos

• I am that am...
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 09:58:28 PM »
Hillary is a warmonger and much too far right and much too Zionist to be SecState.

She's there because her and Bill have their eyes on bumping Obama out in 2012.

Obama is a good guy.....you'll realize that if Her Highness Hillary gets in.
Barack Obama

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 10:07:06 PM »
Obama is a good guy

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
Hillary is a warmonger and much too far right and much too Zionist to be SecState.

She's there because her and Bill have their eyes on bumping Obama out in 2012.

Obama is a good guy.....you'll realize that if Her Highness Hillary gets in.

Ah-ha. We have us an anti-semite here.

Why are leftists so hateful?

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 10:39:39 PM »
Wait a minute, I've been dying to ask this question...

Logos, was 9/11 a coverup?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2009, 10:42:02 PM »

Opposing Zionism doesn't make you an anti-semite. Sorry.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2009, 10:43:10 PM »
Logos -- I see you are a new member. Welcome.  I recommend reading the forum rules to see how we run our forum, and also recommend perusing and participating in some of our many non-political topics to see what we're about.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Logos

• I am that am...
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2009, 10:44:52 PM »

Why are leftists so hateful?

Why are Rightists so hateful?

I guess you're going to tag all the Jews who are against Zionism as Anti-Semites?

:O
Barack Obama

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2009, 10:51:32 PM »
Opposing Zionism doesn't make you an anti-semite. Sorry.

And every single time I've seen someone rail about "zionists" here, they ARE an anti-semite. Just wait'll you meet some. Their sentiments get real ugly, real fast.