Author Topic: Subject: Awaitting your responce.  (Read 3250 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Subject: Awaitting your responce.
« on: May 13, 2009, 06:49:57 PM »

Subject: Awaitting your responce.

My name is Barack Hussein Obama, one of the sons of Barack Obama, Sr., a Luo from Nyang’oma Kogelo, Nyanza Province, Kenya, and of Ann Dunham Soetoro.

As a result of my recent election to a high government post, I have come into possession of $3,550,000,000,000 ($3.55 trillion of U.S. dollars), that I wish to transfer to various agents in the states and abroad during the years 2009 and 2010.

However, there are many in the U.S. legislative body who want to restrict or encumber these funds. I have spoken with my advisers Messrs. David Plouffe and David Axelrod, also high government officials, on how to distribute this money without hitches, and they advised me to liaise with various U.S. citizens by email who can act as partners to impress upon their representatives that the money in question is urgently needed for important projects.

It is on this basis I am seeking for assistance. Your percentage is negotiable. Please note; your age and profession doesn’t really matter in this transaction. Waiting for your immediate response.

Regards,
Barack Hussein Obama

Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Leatherneck

• friend
Re: Subject: Awaitting your responce.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2009, 07:42:17 PM »
 =D =D =D

TC
TC
RT Refugee

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2009, 07:45:22 PM »
Where did you get this letter? It sounds like spam.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 07:53:40 PM »
You know it's a fake.  The real Barack Obama wants to waste much more than $3.55 trillion.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 08:13:41 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 07:58:10 PM »
Guys. Turn up the gain on your Spoof Meters.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 08:14:36 PM »
Guys. Turn up the gain on your Spoof Meters.

TC
Our spoof meters are fine.  I think it's your sarcasm meter that needs to be turned up.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 08:37:31 PM »
I sent that guy my social security number, the account numbers for my savings and checking accounts, and the three most-used passwords for my web surfing.

Yesterday the UPS truck showed up and tried to get me to sign for a box full of puppies.  The only reason I did not accept the package was because the COD fee from Nigeria was more than the amount I could get from the ATM with my debit card.  For some reason the UPS guy said they could no longer take credit cards to pay for overseas  shipments.

Tomorrow morning I am going down to UPS to see if he was lying to me about not accepting credit cards anymore.  If I can't get the issue resolved soon, I fear the puppies may be dead by the time I collect enough aluminum cans to cover the COD fee.

stay safe.

skidmark
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 08:40:02 PM »
Awaitting your responce.

Invest in a dictionary.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 08:44:14 PM »
Invest in a dictionary.

I think that was intentional.  Gives it that authentic look.  =D
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 08:46:19 PM »
Invest in a dictionary.

Obviously you have either not received any genuine "Nigeria Scam" e-mails, or you deleted them without reading them. The grammar and spelling in some of them borders on hilarious.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 09:35:29 PM »
Some of you need to grow a sense of humor.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2009, 12:44:45 AM »
Obviously you have either not received any genuine "Nigeria Scam" e-mails, or you deleted them without reading them. The grammar and spelling in some of them borders on hilarious.

The world needs an Engrish Tournament: Asian technical writers vs. Nigerian spammers.  Think Bloodsport.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2009, 06:57:47 AM »
Hello,   

My name is rose kelvin, i am a pediatric nurse and a make up artist as part time,i was opportuned to see and i read through your posting on craigslist.com concerning the advert  you posted, i am expressing my sheer interest in taking up the room, what are the modalities in taking up the place, please have the requirements sent in these form

*Total rent Required before moving in
* Utility Bills

I will be anxiously waiting for your  email ,I want you to know that i really need the room now and i am the serious type paying rent ,when emailing me please tell me more about the place and more pics if you have...I am open to any type of lease..

Kind Regards
rose

real or scam?  if scam how are they benefiting?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2009, 08:37:18 AM »
Scam.  Sending utility bills will give them access to commit fraud in your name.  By having your name, address, and account numbers they likely will fill in the rest of the blanks and open CC accounts in your name.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

• friends
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2009, 08:43:27 AM »
gotcha   i wondered
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2009, 09:22:43 AM »
That and the off the wall grammar.  I'd expect an uneducated or non computer savvy American to have grammar and typing errors.....
,i was opportuned to see
what are the modalities in taking up the place
I will be anxiously waiting for your  email

Reads like a standard nigerian scam.
JD

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2009, 09:29:21 AM »
More

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/08/craigslist_scam.html
Fake Check Scammers Move Onto craigslist

By Mark Huffman
ConsumerAffairs.com

August 25, 2006

Some scammers are taking advantage of the growing popularity of craigslist to victimize people trying to rent their homes or apartments. The scheme is basically the fake check scam, with a twist.

Darryl, of San Diego, told ConsumerAffairs.com that he received almost identical replies when he listed a room for rent on both craigslist and Roommate.com. The replies claimed to be from "Marie," who called herself "a young humanitarian officer."

"Marie" said her employer would be sending Darryl her expense check, which would be for several thousand dollars. Darryl was to deposit it in his account, deduct the rent and deposit, and send the balance on to "Marie."

Read more: "Fake Check Scammers Move Onto craigslist" - http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/08/craigslist_scam.html#ixzz0FUGuW44t&A
JD

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2009, 10:32:59 AM »
Some guy tried to get my Mother on the bad check with balance mailed somewhere else scam a couple of months ago.

She initially was working with the guy, as it sounded legit, but she called me when he wanted to do the check thing. I told her scam and to sever all ties.

The guy tried to bully her into completing the transaction by saying he had contacted an attorney, had the FBI investigating her, whole 9 yards. It was quite funny, so I got her to write back...

"Dear XXXXX:

I have reconsidered and am willing to complete this transaction. Please forward to me your payment, which I understand will be in the amount of X dollars. I am to cash the check, deduct my costs, and forward the remaining amount on to your friend, Mr. X.

However, because of rampant scamming and check forgery that is now ongoing through internet transactions, I have instituted a new check handling policy.

ALL funds derived from checks, money orders, etc., no matter what their source, will he held for a MINIMUM of 90 days and a MAXIMUM of 180 days to ensure that the payment vehicle is not counterfeit.

Once confirmation comes through the banking system that the payment vehicle is, in fact, legitimate, the item you purchased will be shipped to you at your address of record and surplus funds will be forwarded to your intended recipient, but in no case will the merchandise or the funds be released before 90 days.

I trust that a 3-month delay in completion of this transaction won't be too much of an inconvenience for you."

The response was, predictably, quite humorous. :)

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2009, 12:47:52 PM »
I was selling a ring last December on Craigslist and received this response:

Hi....

I want to purchase your item for my friend as a suprise package as soon as possible before their Engagement/Wedding ceremony which is fast approaching, when you must have gotten your cash at hand. I am in no rush to wait till funds are clear at your bank. My mode of payment will be via Bank Certified Check . I will need your name and address with your phone number to send the check to you . Kindly delete the advert of this item if my mode of payment is accepted. I will await your email asap. I will wait for your bank to confirm and clear the check before we proceed with the shipment to my friend home address in which i will include $100 for the shipment fund via Express Mail Service{EMS OF USPS}to your asking price. I will await your email as soon as possible with your information so that i can mail the check immediately...
Have a good day
CHARLES KING....
1981 CREPE MYRTLE LANE
CULPEPER VIRGINIA,22701

To which I sent this response:

Funny thing-

I will actually be in your area on Friday. I have been involved in Law Enforcement for many years. I actually have an interview on Friday at the Coffeewood Correctional Center to be a guard and spiritual advisor for people that have various compulsions, primarily con artists and scammers.

As I'm sure YOU must be aware, these people are the scum of the earth, and try to take advantage of people that are suffering and hurting. Imagine someone taking advantage of someone else? Some people.

I'm meeting there to try to meet with some convicted felons to try to find out what makes them tick, what drives them to screw other people out of money.

Having studied compulsive behaviors extensively, I'm convinced that shock therapy, especially when mixed with pain compliance, will allow people to curtail their desire to screw hard working, honest people out of their monies and/ or goods.

Do you agree?

-------------------------------------------

Funny thing, I never received a response...
One day at a time.

• friends
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2009, 12:59:38 PM »
http://www.colvinpropertymanagement.com/Warrenton,_Culpeper,_Amissville,_Bealeton_listings/05AEC393-9902-C841-D396E20E42A5C784.shtml

THIS HOME HAS IT ALL. LESS THEN ONE YEAR OLD.AND IS IN LIKE NEW CONDITIOND. END UNIT TOWNHOME W/GARAGE OFFERS LARGE YARD, 3 FINISHED LEVELS, EAT-IN KITCHEN W/ UPGRADED CABINETS. DINNING & LIVING ROOM COMBO W/ 1/2 BATH ON MAIL LEVEL. MASTER W/ WALK-IN CLOSET & SEPERATE BATH. VACANT AND AVAIL IMED...CALL FOR MORE DETAILS

Myself

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 01:24:40 PM »
CASD

What am I missing on the real estate listing?  Slow today.

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 01:28:48 PM »
CASD

What am I missing on the real estate listing?  Slow today.

It's the address that Ex-MA Hole had in his post. 
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

Myself

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 01:38:06 PM »
Thanks

Told you I was slow today!!!   =D

• friends
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 01:59:09 PM »
my fault  i meant to copy more of the text

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 02:28:09 PM »
1981 Crepe Myrtle Lane
Culpeper, VA 22712

* Map Location
    * Get Directions

* Price: $1300.00 / Month
    * MLS: CU6856552
    * camera Request more photos!

JD