Author Topic: Stupidity doesn't cover this  (Read 2527 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Stupidity doesn't cover this
« on: March 14, 2012, 07:37:31 AM »
Vandalism at a cemetery, again.
I think I posted about vandalism at this little country cemetery before. This time there is some serious damage. I hope they catch the worthless sacks of excrement that did this. Justice would be turning them over to some of the less civilized family members of people buried there.
My brother and I will run out there this evening to see if any of our family's stones were damaged.
Mom's stone is pretty good sized and I think I should have been able to see it in one of the shots on the video.
This little cemetery dates back to just after the civil war. The earliest graves were were Cherokee and a good number of the stones are carved in Cherokee.

http://www.newson6.com/story/17152032/vandals-strike-craig-county-cemetery
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Stupidity doesn't cover this
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 07:51:55 AM »
Let me know if you could use some help with the beat downs.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 09:42:07 AM »
Let me know if you could use some help with the beat downs.

I don't think you'll need to fly home.  (Although I understand the desire to participate in the event.)

"To stop something like this is pretty much impossible. I think the punishment should fit the crime," Sheriff Sooter said.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 10:01:47 AM »
I don't think you'll need to fly home.  (Although I understand the desire to participate in the event.)

If all goes well should be there by the end of the month.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 05:26:19 PM »
If all goes well should be there by the end of the month.

Hopeful that you will be too late for the beatdown.

But we will welcome you home anuhow.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 08:53:43 PM »
Made a run out there to check things out. Lots of big stones pushed over but I only saw one broken stone, some of the big ones were face down and may have damage but it couldn't be seen yet, it will take equipment to set the bigger ones back up. Several family stones were knocked down but it will only take some construction adhesive and a little work to set them upright again.
I just can't understand the level of stupidity it would take to do that.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 09:19:03 PM »
Trail cams, preferrably the kind that transmit real time. Shouldn't any perps walk away from this. Actually, the gene pool needs cleansed but that might be a bit much. These people are actually pitiful, no sense of values whatsoever.

Stay safe.
Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 09:34:49 PM »
A grave crime.  :mad:

Too bad that they didn't accidently get in the way of one of the stones that they pushed over  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 09:44:29 PM »

Too bad that they didn't accidently get in the way of one of the stones that they pushed over  >:D
Had a small girl (8 or so) who got killed last October when a headstone tipped over, landing on her head. I'm not really sure about the circumstances, but I'm guessing she was messing about a little, combined with a stone whose anchorings had rusted away.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 11:22:01 PM »

I just can't understand the level of stupidity it would take to do that.

It isn't stupidity.  I even think stupid people know better than to desecrate grave sites.  This is just pure someone just needs their ass beat.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »
Agree with wmenorr67.

When I was a kid, I did some stupid stuff - probably most of us did - but senseless, random vandalism was NEVER a part of my behavior.

And desecration of a gravesite?  :facepalm:

This isn't simple stupidity - it's something downright unsavory.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:52:49 AM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 12:06:23 PM »

I remember when I was a kid there were some teenage idiots that decided tipping over stones would be fun. One got crushed by a huge stone cross.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 12:42:16 PM »
I remember when I was a kid there were some teenage idiots that decided tipping over stones would be fun. One got crushed by a huge stone cross.

Instant Karma...  Just add stupidity...
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 02:19:56 PM »
Gotta love a happy ending.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila