Author Topic: explanations  (Read 1058 times)

Strings

explanations
« on: April 03, 2007, 09:06:29 AM »
Many will recall that on July 8, 1947, witnesses claimed that an
unidentified object with five aliens aboard crashed onto a sheep
and cattle ranch just outside Roswell, New Mexico.

This is a well-known incident that many say has long been covered
up by the U.S. Air Force and the federal government.

However, you may NOT know that in the month of March 1948, exactly
nine months after that historic day, Albert Arnold Gore, Jr.,
Hillary Rodham, John F. Kerry, William Jefferson Clinton, Howard
Dean, Nancy Pelosi, Dianne Feinstein, Charles E. Schumer, and Barbara
Boxer were born.

See what happens when aliens breed with sheep.

This piece of information may clear up a lot of things.

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: explanations
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 09:16:26 AM »
This again?  undecided

Strings

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 09:19:32 AM »
Sorry... got it in an email this weekend while I was out of town, and thought it was cute...

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 07:55:48 PM »
Not to steal your thunder Hunter but I posted this a couple of weeks ago.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Strings

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »
ok... I was late getting it, and missed your post bro. Sorry 'bout that!

Besides... I'm still flyin' from our adoption this weekend: EVERYTHING seems cooler than normal...

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 08:42:35 PM »
Congrats with the "new" child.  Anyone who takes on the responsibilty of raising another person's child should have their ticket punched to whatever postive afterlife they believe in without question.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 08:43:22 PM »
Wait.  You adopted a kid? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 08:54:58 PM »
Way cool, Hunter.  My sister and her husband did the same with three siblings from Bulgaria.
How blessed they have been as a result.  I'm sure you will be, too.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 09:24:35 PM »
Congrats, Hunter!

Mrs. G-98 and I have been talking seriously about it.  Funny, we're always talking seriously about it, after each miscarriage at about the 12 week point.  Starting to think I absorbed too much Beta and Gamma radiation on some flights...
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Strings

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 09:57:15 PM »
WHOA!!! Back up folks!!!

When *I* say "adoption", I'm refering to a BACA adoption: I'm not actually bringing another person's child home with me! Sorry 'bout the confusion there: I spent the entire weekend with BACA folks in Illinois, taking care of a young lady in desperate need of assistance, and forgot y'all ain't BACA.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 10:15:05 PM »
While not BACA I am aware of the good they do.  While there was a misunderstanding Hunter, I still applaud you and your organization for your efforts.

fixed my lousy spelling.

Strings

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 10:36:03 PM »
And we (I think everyone I know counts in that "we") applaud your service, wmenorr67.

Thanks for the kind words, but I don't see as what I do is all that big: I just do the job I signed up for. That job just happens to be helping abused kids...

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 10:52:39 PM »
There is an organization I belong to that also goes to great depths to prevent child abuse and help those who have been abused.  Anyone willing to stand up for those that cannot stand up for themselves are belong right beside those of us in uniform as far as I am concerned.

Strings

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 10:54:36 PM »
If you don't mind my asking, which organization? If it's an obvious answer that I'm just missing, blame the fever... Wink

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 10:59:12 PM »
Independent Order of Foresters, they are a life insurance company but the family fraternity that exsists with it is a plus.  They have branches throughout the US, Canada and Great Briton.  They support various charitable organizations with volunteers and funds.  The child abuse prevention is one of their longest standing endeavors.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 04:27:10 AM »
So, by adoption, you mean he's under BACA's protection?  Yikes, when I put it that way, it sounds like an extortion racket.  Sorry.  smiley
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2007, 04:50:51 AM »
WHOA!!! Back up folks!!!

When *I* say "adoption", I'm refering to a BACA adoption: I'm not actually bringing another person's child home with me! Sorry 'bout the confusion there: I spent the entire weekend with BACA folks in Illinois, taking care of a young lady in desperate need of assistance, and forgot y'all ain't BACA.

Oops!  Sorry if the misunderstanding caused a problem.  I've seen the acronym BACA, but have not googled it.
Congratulations are still in order, I'd guess?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2007, 05:51:08 AM »
RocketMan, take the time to google BACA and read about them.  They do good work.