Author Topic: Tinnitus anyone?  (Read 2555 times)

Unisaw

• friend
Re: Tinnitus anyone?
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2013, 01:17:06 PM »
I do a lot of woodworking.  Even a shop vac can produce enough noise to damage your hearing.  I just wear EP-4s the whole time I'm in my shop.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2013, 01:40:59 PM »
I do a lot of woodworking.  Even a shop vac can produce enough noise to damage your hearing.  I just wear EP-4s the whole time I'm in my shop.

Best move. Not only does it save your hearimg but it is much less fatiguing not to subject your ears to the noise
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 03:15:59 PM »
I've had bouts of it.  Worst was for a few months a couple of years ago when it got to the point of keeping me awake at night, but haven't thought about it much since it died down.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 04:28:43 PM »
Specifically circular saws.  After just a few years of construction, while I bottom out a hearing test everywhere else, I'm deaf as a freakin post at like 3-4kHz (tooth frequency on a 3600rpm, 50-70 tooth saw).  Unfortunately, that's right in the range of speech.  Oops.

wait till your married longer  the loss of that range is not so bad
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2013, 04:29:36 PM »
Yup.

Wife #2 was selected for her 5Khz voice.   =D
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

• friends
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 04:57:39 PM »
Yup.

Wife #2 was selected for her 5Khz voice.   =D

wow  market hearing aids to married guys  get them to submit a sample of wifes voice. get aid tuned to to filter that voice.  the proverbial better mousetrap
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Chester32141

• friend
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2013, 05:27:36 PM »

wow  market hearing aids to married guys  get them to submit a sample of wifes voice. get aid tuned to to filter that voice.  the proverbial better mousetrap

I'd go for a pair of those ... long as I've had my wife I've learned to tune her out but I've developed the 'tell' of my eyes rolling back in my head whenever I do and that pisses her off ...  :P
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 05:30:59 PM by Chester32141 »
"The best argument against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter...... "

Photos
CBs Hawg Sauce

• friends
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2013, 05:41:35 PM »
I'd go for a pair of those ... long as I've had my wife I've learned to tune her out but I've developed the 'tell' of my eyes rolling back in my head whenever I do and that pisses her off ...  :P

with me its either my eyes glazing over or the snoring that give me away