Author Topic: The best selling semi-auto rifles, pistols and revolvers by age of purchaser  (Read 2350 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I'm assuming they have them ordered correctly despite not having them numbered. I wonder if the Python is at all related to The Walking Dead, COVID, and riots?

I'm surprised at some of the auto pistols, or moreso that stuff like the Sig P226 is not listed.

Also I see they left off shotguns. A Benelli M4 is on my "want" list and you can't find them anywhere right now.  I would think 870s are doing brisk business as well for first time gun owners. Especially the liberals who go to Joe Biden for advice.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Lists are pretty similar.

Revolvers.  Same list, except <50 goes with a Taurus 856, >50 with Ruger Sp101. 

Rifles, Same list, but <50, a Diamondback something, >50 Bushmaster. 

For revolvers and rifles, over 50 goes with stuff that's a tiny bit bit more expensive.

Autos, a few more differences, that I'm not sure how to interpret.

Is age 50 a good dividing line for this?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Lists are pretty similar.

Revolvers.  Same list, except <50 goes with a Taurus 856, >50 with Ruger Sp101. 

Rifles, Same list, but <50, a Diamondback something, >50 Bushmaster. 

For revolvers and rifles, over 50 goes with stuff that's a tiny bit bit more expensive.

Autos, a few more differences, that I'm not sure how to interpret.

Is age 50 a good dividing line for this?

Semi Auto's:

The Hellcat is the newest thing out. Appeal of single stack small handgun for newbs, the one thing collectors wouldn't have. Not surprising for both lists. Same goes with the Sig micro, newer single stack.

G19, M&P, P320, Sig p320, and Beretta 92 are all the newb guns. Lot's of new gun owners in the over 50 crowd from the rush.

Younger for Glocks in general. Cheaper, collected more by younger crowd in variants.

Same with XDs, thus the XD(M)

Old people still think Kimber is a thing.

KelTec and Ruger pushed for arthritic hands.

And no, I don't think 50 is a really good line for that. I'd bet you'd actually see trends if you cut it up more.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Calumus

• friend
Anyone here have a G29? I've been bouncing back and forth between that and a G23. 23 will be cheaper to shoot; but I'd like something 10mm on the smaller side. I probably still have a couple weeks until my new purchase permits come through.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
Anyone here have a G29? I've been bouncing back and forth between that and a G23. 23 will be cheaper to shoot; but I'd like something 10mm on the smaller side. I probably still have a couple weeks until my new purchase permits come through.

*Waves*

Dad carried it a lot. It was what he was CCing when he died, actually.

I like it. I've shot it the most of the 10mm's and I think it's nifty. (Note: Also have the 20 and the long slide in 10mm)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Silver Bullet

• friend
Especially the liberals who go to Joe Biden for advice.  :laugh:

Special combo deal for limbs:  shotgun and thin front door.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Let's see, only one 1911 on those lists, and a stainless abomination at that. Yup, AOC's America. Durn Commies...
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Well, I guess that explains why I've not been able to find a Kel-Tec Sub2000 anywhere...

Have a line on one, I just want to get a couple more pay checks under my belt before I spring for it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
I was interested to see the military Beretta pistols on the list. I had no idea they were still that popular.

zxcvbob

• friend
The only gun I have that's on any of those lists is my Blackhawk, and I was surprised to see it there.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
The only gun I have that's on any of those lists is my Blackhawk, and I was surprised to see it there.

For me it's the Blackhawk, 10/22, and M&P15. None of my defensive pistols are listed there.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
I have a Ruger GP-100, Ruger SP-101, Ruger Blackhawk and Ruger 10/22.  I am suddenly detecting a theme.

Calumus

• friend
*Waves*
Dad carried it a lot. It was what he was CCing when he died, actually.
I like it. I've shot it the most of the 10mm's and I think it's nifty. (Note: Also have the 20 and the long slide in 10mm)

Finally, an endorsement I can believe. G29 it is. Do you have a grip extender on it, and do extenders usually feel solid? The only concern I have is that the grip might be a little short for my hand. I haven't found one locally to check out.

lee n. field

• friend

G19 and S&W 642, & a 10/22.  Pretty standard stuff.

lee n. field

• friend
Finally, an endorsement I can believe. G29 it is. Do you have a grip extender on it, and do extenders usually feel solid? The only concern I have is that the grip might be a little short for my hand. I haven't found one locally to check out.

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/glock-g29-gen4-vs-glock-g26

Looks like it's "a hair" taller in the grip than the G26.  Probably too short for me.  YMMV.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing

I had one, but it did not survive my layoff in 2013. I liked it well enough but I didn't find it impressive enough to replace it after my finances stabilized.  I did find the pinkie extensions to be indispensable.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System

Have a 29 & a 20
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend

No grip extender's. Neither Dad or I have ever needed such things.  ;)

WLJ

• friends
I have this on two of the 10 rounders. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1006080934?pid=504003
Hotter loads (Underwood, Buffalo Bore) can be a bit much without them
The third mag stayed stock for extra concealability.

The 15 rounders for the G20 can be used as backup.

Speaking of loads be aware that many, actually quite a few, 10mm loads are actually loaded to 40sw levels. Might as well bought a 40SW with those.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
^^^I learn something every day, and I did not know that about 10 mm being loaded to .40S&W levels.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Speaking of loads be aware that many, actually quite a few, 10mm loads are actually loaded to 40sw levels. Might as well bought a 40SW with those.

That's the level I load 10mms to for the range. Makes for a pleasant day with the heavy Delta Elite. :)

WLJ

• friends
^^^I learn something every day, and I did not know that about 10 mm being loaded to .40S&W levels.

Got to pay attention to what you're buying

40SW & low end 10mm loads: 400-500 ft/lbs
Full 10mm: ~600
Hot/heavy/Nuclear: 10mm ~700+
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in

I see you've never read a single article about either the 10mm or the .40 S&W. I think gun writers are contractually obligated to mention it.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
I see you've never read a single article about either the 10mm or the .40 S&W. I think gun writers are contractually obligated to mention it.
You are probably right. I have not owned either caliber, so they have not been on my radar.