Author Topic: Bloomberg's Super Bowl Commercial  (Read 1970 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Bloomberg's Super Bowl Commercial
« on: February 02, 2020, 09:36:36 PM »
So the big talk was that Bloomberg spent over $10 million on a Super Bowl commercial that was supposed to center on gun control. I don't watch the Super Bowl, but found the commercial:

https://youtu.be/9Yp0yN8UxVg

The commercial alludes to stopping gun violence against children. Fox News did some digging:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bloomberg-10-million-dollar-super-bowl-ad-gun-violence
https://www.scribd.com/document/445149914/KEMP-COURT-DOCUMENT

The "child" in the commercial was 20 years old and died in gang violence. And not just as an "innocent victim of a stray bullet". He was one of the gang members.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: Bloomberg's Super Bowl Commercial
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 09:56:57 PM »
I am watching the Super Bowl and watched the commerical.  $ 11 million for a one minute commercial.  Interesting that it was all about the urban youth, who is not a demographic that is likely to vote for Mr. Bloomberg.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

p12

• friend
  • I SEE NOISES!!
Bloomberg's Super Bowl Commercial
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 10:02:49 PM »
The Doritos commercial was awesome 👏

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xVnq31Vk8Y&feature=share

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 12:41:24 AM »
The Doritos commercial was awesome 👏

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xVnq31Vk8Y&feature=share

So that's that Old Town Road song people keep talking about? Who's the black fella?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 07:32:23 AM »
The "child" in the commercial was 20 years old and died in gang violence. And not just as an "innocent victim of a stray bullet". He was one of the gang members.
If that's the case, it sure sounds like a "good riddance" shooting to me. (I suppose the decedent's nickname was "dindonuffin.")
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 08:33:13 AM »
Speaking of Bloomberg...

Looks like he has a Ukraine connection.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JordanSchachtel/status/1224087082978758657?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 09:19:03 AM »
Speaking of Bloomberg...

Looks like he has a Ukraine connection.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JordanSchachtel/status/1224087082978758657?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Also, during the early part of the Hong Kong stuff when people were getting critical of China, Bloomberg went out of his way to praise them.  I am sure there are connections there as well.  We will see if that comes out.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 10:11:57 AM »
So that's that Old Town Road song people keep talking about? Who's the black fella?

Lil Nas X.  He is the singer.  20 years old, won a country music award, two Grammys.  Gay, black, country music singer.  That doesn't happen often.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 12:04:02 PM »
It's almost as if there is a concerted effort to invade and converge every heterosexual male space and endeavor  [tinfoil]
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 12:24:44 PM »
The heterosexual male was adequately covered by Shakira's dancing during the half time show. My gosh, that butt.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 12:42:43 PM »
I didn't watch, other than a minute of the 1/2 time show. From what I saw, it looked like they tried to do a strip club re-enactment for the entire country to see.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 01:28:53 PM »
I didn't watch, other than a minute of the 1/2 time show. From what I saw, it looked like they tried to do a strip club re-enactment for the entire country to see.

Well, it's 2020, and they're female pop singers, so - yeah.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2020, 02:50:51 PM »
During the half-time show, the risk manager actually turned to his wife and remarked how he hoped that engineering or the stage crew had checked out the stripper pole being used in J. Lo's dance.  Since if the pole collapsed or fell causing injury to a multi-bazillion pop star, that could get expensive in a hurry.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2020, 03:16:38 PM »
During the half-time show, the risk manager actually turned to his wife and remarked how he hoped that engineering or the stage crew had checked out the stripper pole being used in J. Lo's dance.  Since if the pole collapsed or fell causing injury to a multi-bazillion pop star, that could get expensive in a hurry.

That pole didn't look very well anchored.  It had nearly as much wiggle as Shakira and J. Lo.

BTW, Lopez is 50 and Shikara turned 43 on Superbowl Sunday.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2020, 12:49:38 AM »
Whatever you might say about the halftime show's aesthetic, I am impressed by the athleticism needed to hold yourself aloft on a smooth pole, using only your legs, which are covered in nylon, while wearing heels.

*I caught the halftime performance on YouTube. I think it has about as many views now as the game did on Sunday.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 09:39:44 AM »
It's almost as if there is a concerted effort to invade and converge every heterosexual male space and endeavor  [tinfoil]

;/ ;/
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2020, 11:05:05 AM »
Back on the subject of Bloomberg, this stance probably won't help him with his base, or many middle of the road folks:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/05/bloomberg-medical-marijuana/314712/?fbclid=IwAR1kAdzNZ4MytoG4XsiAYpAMVHLYNhPd82m8RhuF1L-VQEuroLzWnT2qwro

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2020, 11:37:04 AM »
Back on the subject of Bloomberg, this stance probably won't help him with his base, or many middle of the road folks:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/05/bloomberg-medical-marijuana/314712/?fbclid=IwAR1kAdzNZ4MytoG4XsiAYpAMVHLYNhPd82m8RhuF1L-VQEuroLzWnT2qwro

Apparently he understands marijuana about as well as he understands firearms.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2020, 11:37:51 AM »
Apparently he understands marijuana about as well as he understands firearms.

So he's an expert
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2020, 12:37:20 PM »
So he's an expert

Yup.  He's a legend in his own mind.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden