Author Topic: Pro Football is Slavery!  (Read 6432 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Pro Football is Slavery!
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2023, 07:41:46 AM »
"Colin Kaepernick writes to Jets asking to join team in 'risk-free contingency plan,' calls himself 'elite QB'"

One really good season for SF as well as one pretty good season, followed by 3 seasons in which he was largely in effective and was benched as a starter multiple times.

Yeah, that's elite.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2023, 12:07:17 PM »
OK, we've talked a lot of (warranted) slap against this asshat over the past couple of years.

That said, I still can't figure out why no one has given him a try. There have been teams that have been in pretty desperate QB situations and yet he's been passed by time and time again.

Yes, he has a lot of baggage associated with his activities over the past few years... but that's no different than a lot of other players who played, or who are continuing to play.

I've got little to no sympathy for him, but I really wonder why every team see him, and him alone, as untouchable.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2023, 12:12:13 PM »
OK, we've talked a lot of (warranted) slap against this asshat over the past couple of years.

That said, I still can't figure out why no one has given him a try. There have been teams that have been in pretty desperate QB situations and yet he's been passed by time and time again.

Yes, he has a lot of baggage associated with his activities over the past few years... but that's no different than a lot of other players who played, or who are continuing to play.

I've got little to no sympathy for him, but I really wonder why every team see him, and him alone, as untouchable.

The baggage plus he probably sabotages negotiations behind closed doors so that he can continue his career of professional victim 
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2023, 12:15:29 PM »
Is he really on par with other players when it comes to public image?  From my relatively ignorant perspective it seems like he might carry a little bit more negative baggage than "a lot of other players".

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2023, 01:20:51 PM »
Is he really on par with other players when it comes to public image?  From my relatively ignorant perspective it seems like he might carry a little bit more negative baggage than "a lot of other players".

Not a sportsball fan, but if I were to concede that he carries equal amounts of baggage, I would argue that he carries a worse quality of baggage. He's Megan Rapinoe level, or worse. Teams might be able to look past stuff like kneeling or dissing the flag, but he is just too high maintenance in that regard. Just look at his Netflix crap - if I were a team owner, he's the last guy of the woke bunch that I would want. He'd be nothing but a high maintenance headache.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2023, 01:25:11 PM »
He'd be nothing but a high maintenance headache.
Yeah, that's kind of the impression I've gotten too.  Not that other players can't be high maintenance too, but a totally different level.

Kind of like Trump would bring lots of eyeballs to CNN, but even if he really wanted to work for them I can't see them hiring him.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2023, 03:10:38 PM »
When Kaepernick was with the 49ers, his only real attribute was his ability to outrun defenders.  His accuracy as a passer was meh, he never learned to read opposing defenses effectively, his decision making was poor, and frankly he was kind-of stupid.

Now that he's several years older, he can't outrun opponents, which leaves him with little to offer.  Add the aforementioned baggage to the mix and the non-interest from NFL teams is understandable.  Maybe he could try the CFL, or the USFL.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2023, 06:49:06 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes