Author Topic: Philadelphia looting  (Read 5336 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Philadelphia looting
« on: September 28, 2023, 09:37:31 AM »
Philadelphia underwent it's 2nd night of mass looting mostly targeting liquor, Apple, and of course shoe stores.
Haven't seen any comment from AOC yet who has stated people loot because they're hungry. Didn't know bread could be found in those locations.
Anyhow it started after a judge dismissed charges against a officer in a police shooting which appears to stink to high heaven but that doesn't excuse the looting.
Meanwhile American MSM seems to be looking the other way on everything but the police shooting.

Over 50 arrested after mobs ransacked Philadelphia stores. Dozens of liquor outlets are shut down
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-12564837/Over-100-masked-teens-ransack-loot-Philadelphia-stores-leading-arrests-police-say.html

video
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-3025393/Video-Philadelphia-looters-hit-Apple-store-destroy-devices-right-after.html

Looting rocks Philly for a SECOND night: Brazen thieves rip out safe and lottery machine of closed liquor store in latest flash mob crime to hit City of Brotherly Love
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12569751/Looting-rocks-Philly-SECOND-night-brazen-thieves-smash-liquor-store-rip-safe-lottery-machine-flash-rob-mobs-strike-City-Brotherly-Love.html

They seem to be having a grand old time. Which aisle is the bread in?

Looting rocks Philly for second night as thieves smash up liquor store
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/galleries/article-12571033/Looting-rocks-Philly-second-night-thieves-smash-liquor-store.html

The police shooting.
As usual conflicting stories. According to this the suspect was shot while in his car while the officer said he had lunged at him with a knife before body cam footage was released. Article says the officer refused to cooperate with investigators and was fired. A judge later dismissed the charges and this supposedly triggered the looting.

Eddie Irizarry’s relatives distraught after charges dropped against officer who fatally shot him
https://apnews.com/article/philadelphia-police-officer-murder-charge-fatal-shooting-c938e3c940ee5c1d598e0cf70c04a635
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 09:54:20 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Philadelphia looting
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 09:45:19 AM »
Liquor has calories. Legit looting target.

Apple is fruit. Fruit is good for you. Legit looting target. If the electronics store, need to look up where the food stores are, so still legitimate target.

You need shoes to get into food stores. Signs out front say so, so shoes are a legitimate looting target.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 09:56:57 AM »
How often do grocery stores get looted?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2023, 01:30:31 PM »
How often do grocery stores get looted?
Often enough that they're closing the affected locations.

https://bestlifeonline.com/whole-foods-health-food-stores-closing-2023-news/

There's probably some common factor in play, but I can't quite put my finger on it . . . maybe a mayor with a "D" after his name?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2023, 01:34:10 PM »
Just saw a news article that an influencer who goes by the name Meatball, and who was streaming the looting and egging the looters on, has been charged with 6 felonies.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2023, 01:42:31 PM »
Often enough that they're closing the affected locations.

https://bestlifeonline.com/whole-foods-health-food-stores-closing-2023-news/

There's probably some common factor in play, but I can't quite put my finger on it . . . maybe a mayor with a "D" after his name?

Rampant shop lifting is a huge issue but I was asking about looted
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2023, 01:46:33 PM »
Just saw a news article that an influencer who goes by the name Meatball, and who was streaming the looting and egging the looters on, has been charged with 6 felonies.

Live streamed herself stealing liquor bottles.
And the poor baby was crying in her mugshot.

Philly looter known as MEATBALL breaks down in tears in mugshot after livestreaming herself during looting of Apple, Footlocker and Lululemon stores - as cops confirm dozens of ransacking arrests
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12569173/Looter-meatball-Philadelphia-livestream-mugshot.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2023, 01:49:43 PM »

Not much difference between shoplifting and looting... Just the size of the crowd. :rofl:

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2023, 01:50:08 PM »
"And the poor baby was crying in her mugshot."

Isn't that a Prince song?

When Meatballs cry?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2023, 01:51:26 PM »
Reported some started destroying the i-Phones they stole when they realized the phones can be used to track them.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2023, 02:03:10 PM »
Live streamed herself stealing liquor bottles.
And the poor baby was crying in her mugshot.

Philly looter known as MEATBALL breaks down in tears in mugshot after livestreaming herself during looting of Apple, Footlocker and Lululemon stores - as cops confirm dozens of ransacking arrests
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12569173/Looter-meatball-Philadelphia-livestream-mugshot.html

When I said liquor bottles I meant loafs of bread for her staving children.
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2023, 02:05:42 PM »
tomayto, tomahto . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2023, 02:36:00 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

🧩 aaron 🧩
@JHardRTolkien
🚨 Philadelphia Riot Update:

Police triangulated the instagram live feed and rolled up on Aunt Jemima
https://twitter.com/JHardRTolkien/status/1706887023569801442
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2023, 05:59:16 PM »
Don't forget that, in Pennsylvania, you can only buy booze during certain hours AND only at the "state controlled facility".  (Doesn't that start to sound like the way the Commie stores "worked"??)  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2023, 06:17:04 PM »

:meh:

Looting is just organized, group shoplifting.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2023, 07:47:39 PM »
Send money!

Plus-size Philadelphia influencer 'Meatball' begs for CASH after being released from jail for looting
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12572593/Philly-influencer-live-streamed-looting-freed-jail.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2023, 10:14:53 PM »

What is good for the Jan 6 yahoos, is good enough for the Philly yahoos.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Pb

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2023, 11:47:39 AM »
Looters and shoplifters should be publicly caned right in front of the stores they victimized.

We get this behavior because society tolerates it.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2023, 09:37:14 AM »
She's now selling mugshot merch
And note the last paragraph

A mugshot turned into a marketing opportunity for viral social media influencer Meatball, who was just arrested last week on charges related to vandalism and looting.

The proceeds from the merch seem to not only be aimed at bolstering the Philadelphia-based influencer's business but also targeted at releasing her and potentially acquitting her of the charges she accrued.

Meatball was among the 52 looters and rioters arrested in Philadelphia after a peaceful protest against a judge's decision to dismiss murder charges against a police officer who shot and killed Eddie Irizarry through a car window. Around 100 rioters donned masks and wreaked havoc on shops, inciting mass panic and terror in the city centre. The police later said the two events — the protest and the riot — seemed to be totally unrelated.
https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2023/09/30/meatball-update-philly-influencer-facing-six-felony-charges-now-selling-mugshot-merch-n2387952
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2023, 09:43:22 AM »
We get this behavior because society tolerates it.

The dems/libs keep equaling looting with protesting when they're not the same thing.
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2023, 10:36:54 AM »
Send money!

Plus-size Philadelphia influencer 'Meatball' begs for CASH after being released from jail for looting
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12572593/Philly-influencer-live-streamed-looting-freed-jail.html
It's hard to tell from what I saw on TV - did this "Meatball" person engage in some actual looting herself, or was she arrested for filming & posting it?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2023, 01:18:37 PM »
It's hard to tell from what I saw on TV - did this "Meatball" person engage in some actual looting herself, or was she arrested for filming & posting it?

I would be willing to bet what you saw on TV had parts edited out.
In her live stream she was encouraging people to loot and she partook of some looting herself.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2023, 01:19:55 PM »
Where the bread?

Wild moment masked Philadelphia looters storm Apple store in mad frenzy - before tech giant DISABLED all stolen devices - as cops call on public to help identify crooks
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12580525/Wild-moment-masked-Philadelphia-looters-storm-Apple-store-mad-frenzy-tech-giant-DISABLED-stolen-devices-cops-call-public-help-identify-crooks.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2023, 02:37:57 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2023, 09:31:06 AM »
Every time I look at this thread title, the Elton John song "Philadelphia Freedom" comes to mind.  Someone should set all the looting video up to that music.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.