Author Topic: Sen. Feinstein dead at 90  (Read 5808 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Sen. Feinstein dead at 90
« on: September 29, 2023, 09:16:58 AM »
Sen. Dianne Feinstein dies.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-senator-dianne-feinstein-dead-90

Condolences to her family.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Sen. Feinstein dead at 90
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 09:27:41 AM »
So, she's still going to be allowed to finish her Senate term, right? The Dems say that's just fine.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2023, 09:33:56 AM »
Condolences to her family.

When a senator dies in office, doesn't the governor appoint a replacement?

It will be interesting to see if Newsome uses race & gender as the determinants of her replacement . . . and if that person is even more of a radical leftist than Ms. Feinstein was.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 09:36:11 AM »
Condolences
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 09:44:43 AM »
I feel it necessary, because she was not a friend to rights members here hold dear, to give the reminder, "If you don't have something good to say, say nothing at all."

We are not them, let's not act like them. It might, perhaps, be better to start another thread in politics if people want to discuss the political ramifications.

For myself, condolences to her family. I say the same thing regardless of the political party - I often feel bad that they don't get out of the game earlier in their years of declining health, to rest and to spend time with their families. However, I know from my own parents, who were just ordinary people, that instead of "resting" they almost made an extra effort to do things they were not really physically capable of anymore because it was incredibly important for them to feel useful.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2023, 09:52:57 AM »
I feel it necessary, because she was not a friend to rights members here hold dear, to give the reminder, "If you don't have something good to say, say nothing at all."
Thanks for the reminder.

I wonder what is going on in another thread.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 10:22:28 AM »
In California, the governor appoints an interim replacement.  Some states are different.

https://www.thoughtco.com/how-are-senate-vacancies-filled-3368245
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 10:59:16 AM »
Nothing at all.
Formerly sumpnz

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2023, 11:14:48 AM »
What sumpnz wrote.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2023, 12:26:08 PM »
What sumpnz wrote.

likewise.  Just noted in passing.  "repent or you will all likewise perish."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2023, 12:48:11 PM »
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2023, 02:25:05 PM »
While grave dancing is always in bad taste, as is exploiting little people for song and dance, it's worth remembering that Sen. Feinstein is the source of the "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in" quote. ref: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffI-tWh37UY

She would have happily sent an ATF Tactical team to all our houses to kill us and our families while we sleep and gone to a Georgetown party afterwards.  I can't in good conscience offer condolences to her family, because I'm genuinely glad she died before she could damage America more than she already had.  Certainly don't grave dance, but don't be afraid to be happy at the death of an enemy that spent almost 50 years actively trying to undermine your rights and use the force of government against you.

Not to mention her net worth of $212 million dollars after 30 years of making less than $200k.  That's $212M she stole from the people of the US by leveraging her position and insider knowledge of the government to make trades, by land with federal grants and sell back to the government, and outright corruption.

She also employed at least one spy for more than two decades.

She was a bad person.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 02:39:46 PM by dogmush »

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2023, 02:39:51 PM »
While grave dancing is always in bad taste, as is exploiting little people for song and dance, it's worth remembering that Sen. Feinstein is the source of the "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in" quote. ref: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffI-tWh37UY

She would have happily sent an ATF Tactical team to all our houses to kill us and our families while we sleep and gone to a Georgetown party afterwards.  I can't in good conscience offer condolences to her family, because I'm genuinely glad she died before she could damage America more than she already had.  Certainly don't grave dance, but don't be afraid to be happy at the death of an enemy that spent almost 50 years actively trying to undermine your rights and use the force of government against you.

She was a bad person.

QFT
Formerly sumpnz

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2023, 02:50:16 PM »
I was looking to express my condolences here and voice any beef I had with her in another thread.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2023, 08:10:42 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2023, 10:27:21 PM »
Regardless of our differences, I'd like to think that I can mark the passing of any human being with the somber respect that each an every individual deserves.

In this particular instance, I'm afraid I must default to the old adage, "If you can't say something nice, refrain from saying anything."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2023, 10:29:46 PM »
On a side note, is this the new trend?  For politicians to die in office? 

Sure seems like a lot of Congress Critters are very old and don't seem to be interested in retiring. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2023, 11:26:00 PM »
The "clock" is ticking and I'm waiting for that person to join her.

“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2023, 08:57:10 AM »
While grave dancing is always in bad taste, as is exploiting little people for song and dance . . .
Would it be in bad taste to add that after her demise, when I listen closely, I think I can hear the sound of munchkins singing?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2023, 09:44:53 AM »

Not to mention her net worth of $212 million dollars after 30 years of making less than $200k.  That's $212M she stole from the people of the US by leveraging her position and insider knowledge of the government to make trades, by land with federal grants and sell back to the government, and outright corruption.

She was a bad person.

I agree with this.  She contributed greatly to the ongoing fall of our republic.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2023, 09:45:57 AM »
On a side note, is this the new trend?  For politicians to die in office? 

Sure seems like a lot of Congress Critters are very old and don't seem to be interested in retiring.

This is a salient observation.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2023, 09:55:55 AM »
Yes, I am remaining oddly quiet here.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2023, 10:07:41 AM »
Thanks for the reminder.

I wonder what is going on in another thread.

I'd tell you, but you've blocked PMs... at least from me.

She was a bad person.

Quoted for emphasis.

I also question Ben's remark about not acting like "them."

I snidely rebut: "Playing by the rules of fair play is what got us to where we are, with pure propaganda and slanted news ruling the rulers."

No, I think it should be pointed out rather loudly that her career was not one which was favorable to "our" camp.

There, I said it and I ain't takin' it back.

AND THANKS, dogmush !

Terry, 230RN

NOTE:  Capture this video (provided by dogmush) on your own machine in case it gets "cleansed" by outside forces:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffI-tWh37UY

Not that fair and honorable antagonists would ever do such a thing. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 11:43:34 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2023, 11:36:58 AM »
Yes, I am remaining oddly quiet here.

A masterful understatement, HeroHog !
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2023, 03:18:07 PM »
Would it be in bad taste to add that after her demise, when I listen closely, I think I can hear the sound of munchkins singing?

Why do you think I posted that youtube link in post #10 ?  :rofl: