Author Topic: Sky High a must see!  (Read 1141 times)

Warren

Sky High a must see!
« on: August 08, 2005, 08:25:03 PM »
If you've grown up reading comic books you will love this movie. If not you'll still love it.

I liked as much as I liked The Incredibles and I loooved The Incredibles.

They caught all the cliches and did 'em up right, the writing was great the plot was awesome and central conciet of the movie just rocked.

When I saw the previews for it I thought it was going to be a big stinker. I even said to my wife as we sat down "I hope this is just bad, not "my god my brain is trying to hang itself" bad." HA! I laughed almost continuously through the movie and when I was not laughing I was thinking about how cool the last bit was.

The absolute best part of the movie was Kevin MacDonald  (a Kid in the Hall) playing Dr. Medula. He just stole the film. Personally I think he is one of the funniest people on Earth anyway so perhaps I'm not being objective here.

His last line "I regret to say, I have made a boom-boom." was the line of the movie for me. I've even added it to my THR sig.

The  movie did everything right on this. From the kind of 70's cheesy inital action sequence to the strategy/tactics of the villian was perfect for the what they were going for.

Fun fun movie.

TarpleyG

• friend
Sky High a must see!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 05:21:31 AM »
A co-worker took his kid to see it over the weekend and said he actually liked it too.  I am a big Kurt Russell fan too but this will probably be a DVD rental later on for us.

Greg

Schuey2002

• friend
Sky High a must see!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 12:43:45 PM »
I'll just wait until they air it on Showtime/HBO/Cinemax/whatever..

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
Sky High a must see!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2005, 10:25:10 AM »
When I saw the trainers for it, I was thinking, "Aww, no, that's going to be painfully formulaic".  And it was formulaic, to the point where they'd have had to try very hard to have made the plot any more obvious.  But what I was wrong about was that this would be a bad thing.  

Having the movie be so entirely predictable allowed the acting and dialogue to carry the whole thing.  It was marvelously done.

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.