Main Forums > The Roundtable

Finished the hybrid-electric Power Wheels

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ukraine Train:

--- Quote from: crt360 ---Looks great, glad it worked.  What's the function of the little hopper looking piece on top of the engine?The engine we used came from an old Mini Baja car. One of the rules for that race series is you have to have a splash pan around the fuel tank which drains down a hose to the ground. That's the hopper-type thing up top.

grampster:
I was thinking it was the hopper for recycling body parts caught in the chain.  

280plus:
(i'm baaaack...)

Anyhoo, I did a little research. Turns out I was thinking the only path for current was through the armature windings. Which would be true for a dc motor with permanent magnets. I did not think of the fact that those motors use a field winding instead of a magnet so the path is provided by the field windings in series.  So even I learned something from your experiment.

Thanx!

(sorry If I put you through a lot of extra work with the light thing)

I'm curious though, did the lights light up when they were in series with the motors?

Ukraine Train:
Yes they lit up when in series with the motors, really bright too.

280plus:
Hmph,,,again not what I would havwe expected. When you're done with it can you cruise it over to my house? I want to take a few readings...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version