Author Topic: Dickey's Barbecue Pit  (Read 2928 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Dickey's Barbecue Pit
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2014, 07:09:51 PM »
There's one not far from me, but I've only been there once. My understanding is that ice cream and pickles are free, with purchase of an entree, or something like that. Also, I think you can bring the plastic cups back for free refills. Or not.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re:
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2014, 07:24:15 PM »
I've had them a three times, all three were free and catered in.

I found it to be consistently eh. Good enough to enjoy my lunch, not good enough to ever bother finding their location. We've got enough good BBQ places that it just ain't worth it. And the only one that requires risking life and limb is the add on to a car detailing place.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2014, 08:06:02 AM »
Some of the best BBQ has been found by cruising the neighborhoods looking for smoke rising from the side/back of grocery stores that are fitted with the roll-down bars/full steel shuttered fronts.  Many times I tracked places down by trying to figure out the direction the smell of meat was coming from.

Going farther afield, folks often set up smokers by the side of the highway.  Signs are put up about 1/2 mile down the road advertising "BBQ Ahead".  Another reason for keeping a cooler in the car (besides the normal use for stashing a gun out of sight).

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2014, 09:58:27 AM »
Some of the best BBQ has been found by cruising the neighborhoods looking for smoke rising from the side/back of grocery stores that are fitted with the roll-down bars/full steel shuttered fronts. 

That's how you find some of the best Mexican around here. Probably 50% of it is in a little corner grocery store or liquor store.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2014, 11:08:26 AM »
It is OK BBQ for a chain. The Carolinas are BBQ heaven so you don't have to look hard for some righteous BBQ.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2014, 11:43:30 PM »
That's how you find some of the best Mexican around here. Probably 50% of it is in a little corner grocery store or liquor store.

I hate CA after getting stationed at 29 Palms, but I do miss that Mexican food something fierce. There was a little 2-3 store family owned chain called Santana's that was incredible. Carne asada nachos were amazing. It still seems weird that I haven't found a single Mexican place in WA that does carne asada nachos.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2014, 11:58:32 PM »
Bring your yellow cup, free drinks forever.

Went to one in KC a few years back.  Not bad.  Then they opened one here, in my little 'burb.  Brought my yellow cup and drinks were on the house !!!

Also, you'd think with the Great Migration that at least ONE person from the south would have brought BBQ and given that Chicago had the largest stockyards in the world  ("Hog butcher to the world." Anyone?  Bueller?) that there would be "Chicago BBQ" that would rival Carolina, Texas, and KC and kick all their asses.  But NOOOooooooo.  We have to go out of state (mostly) for BBQ.  Yes, there's Famous Dave's, but that's chain BBQ.  It's okay,  I think Dickey's brisket is better and like their sauces.  However the best BBQ around here is Uncle Bub's.  Simply because the do the cooking on premises. 

With the way you insult the South why the hell should we bestow upon you wretches real and proper BBQ?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!