Author Topic: 4th Amendment?? We dont need no stinking 4th Amendment.  (Read 6330 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
4th Amendment?? We dont need no stinking 4th Amendment.
« on: July 31, 2010, 01:10:32 PM »
From Link:

http://www.kccn.tv/

From www.kcnn.tv

Please watch the entire video.  These badged idiots need to be in chains.  This is a state sponsored home invasion, plain and simple.  Good ole boy shooting on his land, as he has been doing for years.  The cops, on their own audio recordings, bend and break the entire 4th amendment.  I cant put in to words the disgrace that these idiots bring to the surface.  For this to go unpunished, officers not in jail, will only make the us v them gap grow.  This could happen to any one of us, and it will only get worse.

This is what happens when you want "results" oriented policing.  Cops making up crap and applying the law as if they are street judges.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: 4th Amendment?? We dont need no stinking 4th Amendment.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 01:30:48 PM »
They were really into guns...
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 01:38:05 PM »
The gun part was outright theft.  Looking for a reason, on tape saying how he wanted that one.  I cant comment on what I would like to see happen to these idiots, it would get me banned.  I am currently sitting in the county where this happened, work assignment.  This gives me a warm and fuzzy about the local LE if they were to pull me over.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 03:12:11 PM »
Where did this happen?
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

HForrest

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 03:34:33 PM »
SLOSD pulled me over last month, in the middle of Atascadero (I thought they didn't really deal with traffic enforcement, much less in the middle of a town with its own PD). Of course, I hadn't made any mistakes driving, but my license plate illumination bulb had gone out, clearly creating a grave hazard and a threat to the safety of other drivers on the road. I was completely cooperative and polite, but the encounter ended up with my car being searched on extremely dubious grounds, after they asked my permission and I politely denied it.

I am very pleased with Mr. Blackburn for making the effort to create and release this video. It's received a good deal of local attention already, and some light is finally being shed on this seemingly department wide attitude problem.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 07:08:23 PM »
Where did this happen?

San Luis Obispo, CA, a town a little south of Big Sur and the Hearst mansion.

These SOB's better do some serious time, or We the People are in for real trouble.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 07:08:56 PM »
Outside Paso Robles CA. Local SO of the county.

Abraham Lincoln

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 07:20:56 PM »
This is wha happens when you base police performance on arrests or items seized. You finally get to where LE starts to make crap up to support their actions. Cause their budget is tied to their performance, how many arrests, how many times SWAT used,'and so on.

This is sickening. Serious jail time should befall all involved. The ones on tape should never see the light of day.

What's more sickening will be some posters who will try to paint a justifiable reason for this   

Abraham Lincoln

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 07:31:06 PM »
I doubt Mr. Hart will ever see a proper and just resolution of this matter, unless he can push it all the way to the USSC.  And even if he could afford to take it that far (doubtful), there is no guarantee it would be decided in his favor.
The Republic is aging, nearing the end of its life, circling a drain called "Totalitarianism".  I fear this sort of thing will happen more frequently as we spiral down.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 07:35:25 PM »
The Republic is aging, nearing the end of its life, circling a drain called "Totalitarianism".  I fear this sort of thing will happen more frequently as we spiral down.

What can we do about that?  What can we do to prevent incidents like this in the future?

I believe this conduct happens more often than we care to admit. It's , IMO, the norm in LE, when good cops defend the bad, performance based policing is measured instead of the absence of crime, you get this. Cops being "street judges".
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:44:19 PM by Battle Monkey of Zardoz »

Abraham Lincoln

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 07:42:09 PM »
What can we do about that?  What can we do to prevent incidents like this in the future?

Honestly, I don't believe we can reverse the process.  It is just something that has to occur in my opinion.  All things reach an end at some point, all things die.  The Republic has had a pretty good run, it has just reached its end.
At best, we can slow the disolution some if we elect the proper folks to office.  But ultimately it will happen, and there is nothing we can really do about it.  It's just part of life.

Sorry for the gloomy attitude.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2010, 07:46:44 PM »
We can hope. Hope for a solution that does not involve folks like us having to do things we would rather not have to do n

Abraham Lincoln

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2010, 08:39:38 PM »
I think the sherrif and deputies around here would be too scared to bother somebody out in the county shooting on their own land  :laugh:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 08:44:10 PM »
Hell, they'd probably politely ask if they could join in.  =)
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

HForrest

• friend
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 08:59:17 PM »
What's disturbing me about this incident is that the tape has been out for 2 weeks now, and as far as I know the SD has not commented or taken any disciplinary actions whatsoever, and the local mainstream news outlets have made no mention of the story. For being an issue that's so clearly important to people in the county, as evidenced by how fast this video spread, I wish we'd be hearing more than silence from the relevant parties. As with you, I believe people need to be put in jail over this.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 09:25:36 PM »
What's disturbing me about this incident is that the tape has been out for 2 weeks now...

...for an incident that took place in April of 2008, over two years ago.  It's not going anywhere.  There will not be a just resolution of this issue for Mr. Hart.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 10:24:05 PM »
for an incident that took place in April of 2008, over two years ago.  It's not going anywhere.  There will not be a just resolution of this issue for Mr. Hart.

Sad.  A resolution, just or not, needs to be had.

Abraham Lincoln

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 11:16:09 PM »
What can we do about that?  What can we do to prevent incidents like this in the future?

Jefferson had some good ideas on that...of course, they went out the window since the second revolution would have come due during his Presidency.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2010, 11:57:09 PM »
We can hope.

These <ommited> with badges, in their hearts, do not fear the results of their actions.  Sure, MAYBE the job will go lost, but some OTHER Municipality will hire them on in the end.

Too few deserving have to find find another line of work

Too few even more deserving get to feed the crows for their crimes.

When those facts change, THEN maybe change will come into the SOP of the <ommited> who wear badges.

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2010, 11:00:40 AM »
Power only respects a greater power. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2010, 12:45:43 PM »
Power only respects a greater power

That's what I'm afraid of. At some point the abuses will have to be addressed. How it gets done, will not be pretty.

Abraham Lincoln

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2010, 01:03:37 PM »
Ugh. Trying to discuss this with some ex-cop friends of mine, but they seem to be toeing the thin blue line vis-à-vis "well the only websites carrying this story are Enquirer-esque," and "well sites like this have faked the audio so this video is suspect." Does anyone have anything definitive or some independent alternate sources that I can use to bludgeon some sense and fact into them?

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2010, 01:10:45 PM »
bludgeon some sense and fact into them

From my own experience, give up now.  I'm a law school grad that focused on prosecution, my eldest brother is a LEO.  When dealing with some particular charges I'd oft ask if he had ever arrest someone for the same offense.  Then I would walk down the elements with him telling me what they particularly did that met or seemed to meet it.  Several times he would unabashedly be missing 3/5 the elements and shamelessly assert with pride he would make the same arrest again.

But of course, its those lazy prosecutors who let the bad guys go....  Those legal technicalities of not having committed the crimes they were arrested for.
 :facepalm:
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2010, 01:18:37 PM »
I can't seem to find anything on this case other than several forum postings all linking back to this same site. Is there even any .gov website with related court records?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2010, 01:35:24 PM »
This has made me re-address how I store my firearms.

Not that I shoot on my property... I live inside city limits.  But I do reloading and sometimes some light gunsmithing, and "evil" rifles or handguns are transported in the backyard from workshop to house.  I have a cinder block wall around my yard, but you just never know.

My safe is huge (1100 pounds empty).  Aside from my carry gun and an inexpensive carbine under the bed, all of my guns stay in the high quality combination lock safe when not in use.  If some soccer mom calls in "zOMG heezgottagun!!1!" from a kid seeing me carry one from house to shop while he's trampolining on his own side of the fence, this episode will not repeat.  Ammo is in a locked container, reloading supplies are in locked containers, keys are in the safe which is a very odd combination lock that spins unconventionally.

I've also been meaning to do this for awhile... but I have decided I'm taking an inexpensive handgun and rifle (ruskie surplus stuff that work well but are not favorite shooters) and stowing them "elsewhere."  Somewhere that, even if the police take my safe or go through my home like this, they won't find them.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!