Author Topic: 3D printing strikes again  (Read 1158 times)

MicroBalrog

• friend
3D printing strikes again
« on: April 26, 2014, 03:53:04 AM »
http://m.abc.net.au/news/article/id/247936/c/1/p/Black+market+for+guns+grows+as+police+warn+of+3D-printed+firearms

His name is ReadySetGo, and for $250 he can get you a gun straight out of a James Bond movie.

And this is why 3D printing is awesome. Are the Liberators suck guns? Yes. They are.

Can they bring suckguns to places where no other guns were not previously available and freak out The Usual Suspects? Yes. They Can.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: 3D printing strikes again
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 09:32:56 AM »
Hey MB, long time time no read.  Welcome back.
Formerly sumpnz

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 04:34:15 PM »
recent upswing in public shootings in eastern Australia

Oh, please. Obviously a fake news article. Australia has gun control, so there are no "public shootings."

(Whatever a "public shooting" may be.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 08:12:48 PM »
Omg! Items being banned /prohibited creates a blackmarket for banned/prohibited items? Noone could have seen this coming! :O
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 08:24:44 PM »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 12:24:25 AM »
The Mother Jones lower.

Since 2011, part of the popular online forum Reddit has grown into an active marketplace for assault rifles, high-capacity magazines, and other powerful firearms, according to an investigation by Mother Jones. In the last six months alone there have been more than 1,000 listings posted by more than 400 Redditors on the GunsForSale subreddit, one of thousands of niche communities on the sprawling discussion site. Not only has Reddit allowed a gun market to thrive, it has also literally put its stamp on it: Gun purchases brokered through the site have included nearly 100 AR-15s engraved with Reddit's alien logo, which was used on the assault rifles with explicit permission from the company—while it was owned by media giant Condé Nast—according to email correspondence obtained by Mother Jones.

I went and read the whole stupid article. All their "investigation" turns up is that some people did some legal stuff, most of which involved buying firearms through federally licensed dealers. Then there were some apparently legal, off-books transactions. Naturally, these are called, "exploiting a loop-hole."  :facepalm:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife