Author Topic: 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath Home, Quantity 1, No Refills  (Read 1094 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
3 Bedroom, 2 Bath Home, Quantity 1, No Refills
« on: February 23, 2020, 08:52:44 AM »
Goofball Gavin Newsom wants doctors to be able to write prescriptions for housing. How would you do that without going 100% totalitarian? There is only so much housing in that state. They would have to force property owners to provide homes, or force taxpayers to pay for new construction or state purchase of current inventory.

I note that for this, he would exempt the housing from all CA environmental laws that are otherwise putting a stranglehold on all new construction in the state. Maybe just get rid of your ecolaws, and the free market could build targeted housing for a reasonable price. I saw zahc mentioned in another thread that Japan does something like that - lax construction regs, so you may have kinda crappy housing, but at least you have a roof over your head and a permanent address.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/california-gov-newsom-advocates-for-doctors-to-write-prescriptions-for-housing-to-treat-mental-illness/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zahc

• friend
Re: 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath Home, Quantity 1, No Refills
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 10:26:24 AM »

With medicine, writing a prescription doesn't force anyone to provide the drug, as far as I know.

Maybe it's a way to get insurance companies to pay your mortgage?

If padded rooms are in short supply, I can see the need to control consumption in a high-demand environment.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2020, 10:40:55 AM »
Didn't they pend millions on low income housing that is years behind?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 12:50:36 PM »
. . . Maybe it's a way to get insurance companies to pay your mortgage? . . .
If you think today's deductibles and out of pocket maximums are high, you ain't seen nothin yet.   :facepalm:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 01:09:40 PM »
So what happens if the person gets a job? Do they then have to make payments on the house or does it remain free?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 01:19:57 PM »
I think some people are going to need a refill, after they destroy the house, or trade it for drugs.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

JN01

• friend
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2020, 05:12:59 PM »
Newsom called for exempting supportive housing from environmental regulations statewide.

Why does he hate the planet?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2020, 07:16:31 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9pgh5EO6lw
Bad Laws Cause Homeless Crisis
John Stossel

I posted this on another thread.  Stossel did a longer video with the story at the end of the guy trying to renovate an old building into small apartments but I can't find it.  IMO, it amounts to too many people in all levels of govt inventing reasons to say no.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge