Author Topic: Any THR Nashville, TN area brothers mechanically inclined?  (Read 1401 times)

corruptone

Any THR Nashville, TN area brothers mechanically inclined?
« on: April 09, 2005, 05:17:55 PM »
I've got this boat project that could be nice, but I need some help in regards to dropping another engine in it.  Any brothers in the area who might have the facilities and or know how to get this done?  Let me hear from you.  I'm not looking to totally free load this job either.

Thanks,

Ukraine Train

• friend
    • http://ukrainetrain21.tripod.com
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 06:59:23 AM »

Cheesy

hehe, just kidding. I'm not in TN but maybe I can give some advice, do you just need help with the physical install or is there other stuff you're trying to do?

corruptone

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 03:11:26 PM »
I need help in the way of facilities and know-how since I'm short on both.  My existing 4 cylinder has a cracked block and my exhaust manifold may have a crack in it since there was some rust formed in the number 3 cylinder when my mechanic removed the head.    A rebuilt engine with core will cost me about $1550 delivered, and I might need a manifold.  Whatever else I may need in order to do this I'm not sure.  My mechanic wants $600 to do the swap.  Maybe that's a good price for this, but it just seems pretty easy seeing how it's a boat and not a car.  Any words of wisdom?