Author Topic: States Giving Illegals IDs Nearly Identical to Those of Citizens  (Read 1208 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I had no idea the "not valid as federal ID" ID's were so nearly identical to valid Federal IDs. The drivers licenses in some of these states, are pretty much indistinguishable from each other.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/04/07/states-flouting-post-11-id-law-giving-cards-to-illegal-immigrants-that-mirror/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: States Giving Illegals IDs Nearly Identical to Those of Citizens
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 10:12:03 PM »
Saw those in Colorado.

???

I'm at a loss of why the state governments are so willing to enable illegal immigration.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: States Giving Illegals IDs Nearly Identical to Those of Citizens
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 11:51:07 PM »
Saw those in Colorado.

???

I'm at a loss of why the state governments are so willing to enable illegal immigration.
You honestly don't know why Democrat states enable illegal immigration?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 02:55:10 AM »

:cough: :cough:

Votes

:cough: :cough:
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 03:08:50 AM »
I don't see any problem with the Colorado cards shown. If "Not valid for Federal Identification, Voting, or Public Benefit Purposes" doesn't do the trick, the people checking the cards are being paid too much and need to find a new career sweeping sidewalks.

California's, on the other hand -- How is any official outside of California supposed to know which is valid for federal ID and which is not? How is an official even supposed to know that California has two? And the one with the extra, cryptic notation in the corner? Is that the one that's good for federal ID, or is that the one that's NOT good?

"What we object to is states that gratuitously would try to do much more than necessary for the sole purpose of stigmatizing individuals," said American Civil Liberties Union lawyer Jon Blazer. "On the other hand, some states have taken a better approach in this regard, and have put the minimal requirements that they're obliged to put under federal law."

Ah, yes, the ACLU to the rescue. God forbid that an illegal alien should be "stigmatized" by being identified as an ... illegal alien.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 06:09:08 AM »
I don't see any problem with the Colorado cards shown. If "Not valid for Federal Identification, Voting, or Public Benefit Purposes" doesn't do the trick, the people checking the cards are being paid too much and need to find a new career sweeping sidewalks.

Indeed, I'm fine with the Colorado card.  The California one I have problems with because 'federal limits apply' doesn't really mean jack in plain English, and I had to search for a while to find it.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 06:44:50 AM »
Saw those in Colorado.

???

Did you say that last sentence with a straight face?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 07:56:16 AM »
Did you say that last sentence with a straight face?

Is that some kind of homophobic reference?

=D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2015, 11:25:50 AM »
If they have enough info to issue an ID card, they have enough info to arrest and deport their illegal alien backside.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2015, 03:35:17 PM »
If they have enough info to issue an ID card, they have enough info to arrest and deport their illegal alien backside.

Oddly enough - it's also an issue of states' rights.  Nearly everybody agrees that the federal immigration system is broken, they just disagree on how it should be fixed.

Not much different than abortion, weed legalization, firearms, etc...

That being said, I do think that foreign immigration is more in the federal bailiwick than the above.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2015, 08:17:52 PM »
That being said, I do think that foreign immigration is more in the federal bailiwick than the above.

Immigration (people coming here from other countries) is, by definition, international. That automatically makes it a federal matter. It should be an impeachable offense that our CEO is issuing executive orders to disregard the laws rather than orders to enforce them strictly.