Author Topic: Not much for the following of athletes and celebs  (Read 612 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Not much for the following of athletes and celebs
« on: October 11, 2013, 06:42:29 PM »
But this one rang my bell
Adrian peterson's 2 year old was beaten to death by his moms boyfriend. I tried to imagine how he must feel but I can't .  Things like this freak me out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

T.O.M.

• friend
Re: Not much for the following of athletes and celebs
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2013, 10:24:08 PM »
For 8 years, I prosecuted child abuse cases.  If I close my eyes, I can see the faces of many of them.  One that stands out was a four year old little girl named Lacey.  Her father beat her, ruptured her duodenum, and then he and mom let her suffer until she died, about 24 hours later.  I plotted that dad's death a hundred times.  I'm sure Peterson will do the same.

That dad threatened to come find me when he got out of prison.  That's next spring.  Think I'll go drink a vodka in honor of that little girl, then I may clean and lube my CCW piece in honor of her dad.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2013, 10:28:06 PM »
I hear ya. Especially the planning their death part. But I have known a few men of real faith who can leverage that faith or be lifted by it into getting past the kill the sob thing. I admire them greatly they give me something to aspire to. It seems Peterson might be one of those and I am glad for him, that can really help through a bad time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 10:38:42 PM »
There are a lot of crimes where, in a way, I can understand the motivation - robbery, theft, maybe even some murders. (Understanding does NOT mean approval!!!)

Abusing a child is not one of them.  :mad:  :'(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain