Author Topic: The stupidest thing I've ever heard (at least for this week)  (Read 9198 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: The stupidest thing I've ever heard (at least for this week)
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2011, 07:26:44 AM »
I wonder what this lady would say if she was hiking with us camp kids back in the day...

when dish "washing" was dirt scrub and rince.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2011, 10:14:57 AM »
During the summer I was working in landscaping, we were once spreading topsoil around some plants by hand in the spots where shovels were too imprecise.  I start noticing that the soil is a little . . . funny in texture and has a kind of distinct odor to it.  As it turns out, the place my employer bought topsoil from was basically a large field where sewage solids from NYC were trucked up and dumped to turn into topsoil over time.  At certain times in the summer though, supplies got a little low and the stuff they were selling was still kinda *fresh*.

So yeah, I definitely have spent an afternoon pawing through hippy ****.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2011, 12:09:55 AM »
In San Diego's Mission Bay, Fiesta Island is where sludge from the Point Loma sewage works is deposited.  It is also the annual home of the Over-The-Line Tournament.  Suffice it to say that the OTL jiggle factor is extreme and TV coverage very cautious about camera angles, backgrounds, and team names.

Talking some years before his death, Dad mentioned that he might opt for a poor man's burial at sea, cremation and the ashes flushed down the toilet, thinking that his ashes would be deposited off Point Loma by the outflow.  I pointed out the Fiesta Island sludge dump.  Dad got an "Oh, yeah!" look and said that might be better:  having a permanent pass to the OTL championship.  I laughed and said "Good joke, Dad!"  Dad laughed back, saying that two of his friends ashes have been secretly scattered on Fiesta Island for exactly that reason.

Next time you spread Milorganite, show some respect, you never know!
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2011, 12:43:54 AM »
I wonder what this lady would say if she was hiking with us camp kids back in the day...

when dish "washing" was dirt scrub and rince.

As they told us at the Boulder Outdoor Survival School, "God made dirt, and dirt don't hurt."
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2011, 03:32:46 PM »
As they told us at the Boulder Outdoor Survival School, "God made dirt, and dirt don't hurt."

Thats what we said!  :lol:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2011, 03:50:22 PM »
Unless you're talking either soil contaminated with something that a plant would leach out or bio-concentrators like some fish and shellfish, this woman is crazy.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2011, 04:06:53 PM »
In this specific case we are talking about garden soil from miracle grow bags bought at home depot she watched me haul so yes    batshiat crazy

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2011, 04:56:43 PM »
Thats what we said!  :lol:

Wow!....that really IS what she said....  :laugh:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2011, 07:35:13 PM »
Maybe she just doesn't want you to have a garden.  My yuppy neighbors look and me and mine as something from outer space. I am essentially surrounded by highly educated people who don't know how to do anything other than earn a lot of money and pay people to do stuff for them.