Author Topic: Security Guard 1, Bad Guys 0 - Fast Reaction, Good Shooting  (Read 951 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Security Guard 1, Bad Guys 0 - Fast Reaction, Good Shooting
« on: September 03, 2012, 06:14:54 PM »
This video of a security guard in Brevard County, FL, fending off three armed attackers says it all.  The cops are calling it a good shoot, and even CNN is praising the guard for his quick reflexes and coolness under stress.

eta: Fixed the link.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 01:28:23 AM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Blakenzy

• friend
Re: Security Guard 1, Bad Guys 0 - Fast Reaction, Good Shooting
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2012, 09:00:34 PM »
I think the link is wrong. I get a video for a different story.
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

HankB

• friend
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2012, 09:07:41 PM »
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 09:11:03 PM »
The correct video is in the link below.  
Very quick reactions by the guard.  He saw what was happening, drew, and fired almost before the crooks got inside
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 09:36:28 PM »
kept moving used some of what lil cover was available and steadily improved his position.
and good deal on them not releasing his name. i don't understand bleeping out the name of the guy he shot though, unless he already gave up his buds names
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 09:46:56 PM »
What is it with Florida and Internet cafes? 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 08:22:19 AM »
Makes you wonder what goes on in them that they are targeted that much and need security gaurds.

Damn fine shooting, too.  Someone's been practicing.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2012, 09:25:55 AM »
His movement is what really impressed me. Draw and move for clear shot, shoot on the move while creating distance, and move to cover. Perfect.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 12:05:14 PM »
Damn good job. Definitely looks trained.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 12:20:24 PM »
Maybe he could train some NYPD types.... ;)
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

zahc

• friend
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2012, 12:26:38 PM »
I'd hire that guy.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine