Author Topic: Star Trek Beyond  (Read 788 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Star Trek Beyond
« on: August 04, 2016, 02:49:56 PM »
My wife and I went to a private showing of Star Trek Beyond this morning. By private I mean we were the only ones in the theatre for a 10:20AM showing.
I enjoyed it.
A little bit of a bummer to see Anton Yelchin's last performance.
The movie itself was pretty decent for this reboot of the franchise, not great but pretty decent.
I'd like to see a little more plot development. The story just sort of BOOM here it is. Could use a little more back story on the bad guys.
I consider it worth the money spent to see in on the big screen, particularly at one of our private screenings.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Star Trek Beyond
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 03:59:44 PM »
Wife and I saw it a couple of weeks ago; rainy Saturday matinee.  It's definitely a big screen movie.  She went back and saw it again with one of her girl friends and said it made a lot more sense the second time.
"It's good, though..."

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2016, 10:20:42 PM »
Saw it a few weeks ago. Did you notice the subtle drink to checkov near the beginning.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 10:23:24 PM »
I just wish these sci-fi movies had aliens that weren't so obviously human beings in makeup. (Often in bad makeup.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2016, 10:45:21 PM »
I just wish these sci-fi movies had aliens that weren't so obviously human beings in makeup. (Often in bad makeup.)

Yeah, the rubber mask chic that lead them into the ambush was a pretty sad makeup job. The "prosthetics" just looked like a cheap, Walmart grade, rubber mask.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2016, 11:06:47 PM »

Real aliens keep asking for an astronomical salary that producers will not pay, so they have to resort to using humans. [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero