Author Topic: Need New Non-stick Cookware  (Read 335 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Need New Non-stick Cookware
« on: July 21, 2023, 11:10:54 AM »
My wife is a good cook, and she loves to cook.  This is something to which my expanding waistline can attest.  She cooks at least two meals a day, almost every day.  As one might imagine, she wears out our cookware pretty quickly.
She wanted me to ask the hivemind what it considers the best non-stick dishwasher safe cookware available today.  We need to replace our worn out cookware in the next week or three.  We've used Calphalon in the past and have been generally satisfied with it, but are wondering if there is something better available.
Before anyone suggests it, cast iron is not a consideration because it isn't practical to clean in a dishwasher.  We have some cast iron cookware and use it when appropriate.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Need New Non-stick Cookware
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 11:24:50 AM »
Best I can do is give you this link: https://cookwarespace.com/dishwasher-safe-nonstick-cookware/

I really only have one frying pan that is non-stick. It's a cheapie from Amazon. I use it a lot, wash it by hand, and only use nylon utensils in it.

Everything else that I have is either cast iron, carbon steel, aluminum, or stainless.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 11:53:10 AM »
Do you have a Sam's card or know someone who does? We picked up two of their Member's Mark nonstick skillets about 18 months back and have been very impressed. Heavy construction, durable, no issues with warping, and half to a third the cost of name-brand cookware. I think they're labeled "restaurant fry pan" or similar. We got the 12" and 8". Both get used a lot, like almost daily. The 12" is just right for most larger jobs and the 8" is perfect for a sandwich or a couple of eggs.

edit to add
https://www.samsclub.com/p/members-mark-12-inch-nonstick-fry-pan/prod7300014?xid=plp_product_1

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2023, 01:15:28 PM »
We do have a Sam's Club membership, Brad.  We will check those out.  Thanks for the info.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.