Author Topic: Will John Galt  (Read 3583 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Will John Galt
« on: September 08, 2011, 06:06:11 AM »
save us tomorrow from "The Big Speech".  Please I would rather listen to 70 minutes of cats clawing at chalkboards, then listen to a re-hash of Porkulus II, Now with More Waste!!!

Other then throw money we don't have on non-shovel ready "jobs" that will prop up more bankrupt states (like Illinois), what does Obama have to offer?

Why is it so damn depressing that he's just too stupid to get out of the way.  Relax regulation and open up the energy field, quit giving money to "green" companies and just let the market decide.  

Why is this so farking hard?  Leave people alone !!!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:47:39 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Will John Galt
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 06:22:45 AM »
I like that Pelosi is all pissed off because the Republicans won't be giving a rebuttal.  Really it isn't a State of the Union and most people don't give a rats ass because the NFL season kicks off.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 08:13:51 AM »
I think the republican position on Obama's speech is a bit of a prebuttal.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 08:48:23 AM »
I like that Pelosi is all pissed off because the Republicans won't be giving a rebuttal.  Really it isn't a State of the Union and most people don't give a rats ass because the NFL season kicks off.

I think she's particularly angry because the Democrats thought this was a clever play: talk right before the game and then the Republicans have to try to respond during the game.

And instead the Republicans, for once, did something extremely intelligent. Bravo, Mr. Boehner.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 10:27:44 AM »
I think she's particularly angry because the Democrats thought this was a clever play: talk right before the game and then the Republicans have to try to respond during the game.

And instead the Republicans, for once, did something extremely intelligent. Bravo, Mr. Boehner.

Read a blog posting saying that the GOP rebuttal ought fade into the GOP congressional leadership at a tailgate party grilling brats and drinking beers...when they notice they are in front of a live camera and Boehner hollers out, "How 'bout some football!"  And then fade out.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 10:46:20 AM »
Rendering Obama "null and void" is powerful medicine.  Just ignore him as an annoying crank.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 11:20:29 AM »
I think if the GOP simply came to the realization that:

-this guy has radically divergent ideas that are antithetical to our beliefs
-we can't work with him for anything less than a true national crisis (war, natural disaster, etc)
-we give him power and legitimacy if we acknowledge him in any way

Obama would be done with, in six months.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 12:17:57 PM »
Antithetical to our beliefs, not necessarily antithetical to those of many in the GOP...
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2011, 02:50:40 PM »
Do I turn on the Bread and Circuses channel or the bootlickers of the Narcissist in Chief channel tonight?
Neither, I'm going to spend some quality time in the garage making bullets.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2011, 02:51:19 PM »
Do I turn on the Bread and Circuses channel or the bootlickers of the Narcissist in Chief channel tonight?
Neither, I'm going to spend some quality time in the garage making bullets.

Terrorist.

Big Sis knows where you live.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

erictank

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 12:30:52 PM »
Terrorist.

Big Sis knows where you live.

A quote from 'The Usual Suspects' seems appropriate here:

Interrogation Cop: I can put you in Queens on the night of the hijacking.
Hockney: Really? I live in Queens. Did you put that together yourself, Einstein? What, do you got a team of monkeys working around the clock on this?

Yes, Big Sis is the "Interrogation Cop" here. =D 

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 11:32:35 PM »

by this they also let it rest all on obama.  They are making sure the buck stops right on obama's desk.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2011, 10:47:03 AM »
John Galt is the real unannounced dark horse in next year's Presidential race.

Whoever wins will have to deal with everything he represents.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.