Author Topic: Will Obama go to war to get Snowden?  (Read 4589 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Will Obama go to war to get Snowden?
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 09:58:55 AM »
Require - no, the Constitution is quite clear.

But to think the latter is a moral outrage but others are not, that is a fascinating view.

The only one with US security implications is the latter.  The rest is all an internal matter for Russia and I can not muster the will to worry over them.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Levant

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 11:09:22 PM »
Repubs and Dems are more likely to take notes.

That's honestly 100% within Russia's call. Stupid, but perfectly within their sovereign responsibilities.

Obviously, that's bad.

Obviously, that's good.

Snowden must have something impressive for the US government to lean on the UK and other governments as hard as they have. The US government has really pulled out the stops and done a lot of interesting things, officially and unofficially, about the Snowden leaks. It's a noticeable and huge leap beyond their response to Wikileaks.

You nailed it on all counts.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Levant

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 11:10:05 PM »
The only one with US security implications is the latter.  The rest is all an internal matter for Russia and I can not muster the will to worry over them.

Zackly
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

æg151337

• Gamera Public Relations Slave
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2013, 01:38:01 AM »
My question was rhetorical and I know he's not going to attack Russia to get Snowden.

"Mandrake, I suppose it never occurred to you, that while we are chatting here so enjoyably, a decision is being made by the President and the Joint Chiefs in the War Room at the Pentagon. And when they realise that there is absolutely no possibility of being able to recall the Wing, there will be only one course of action open: Total commitment"
Gamera! Gamera!
Gamera is really neat!
Gamera is filled with meat!
We've been eating GA-MER-AAAA!!!!!

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2013, 02:10:06 PM »
Nahh, Obama (Mr. "Ill be more flexible") has his lips firmly planted on Putin's ass. 

Most of the Wikileaks stuff was simply embarrassing.  (Although there was plenty of operational Intel that was in there also.) 

There are a few differences between Manning and Snowden:

1) Manning dumped everything he had to Wikileaks.  Snowden has only provided some of what he knows.

2) Manning intel dump was of diplomatic and military operations.  Some of the Diplomatic stuff was honest assessments and evaluations of of nominal allies.  Embarrassing stuff to the US. Some of the Military stuff gave AQ and others insight into how we do things which enabled them to come up with counters to those activities/actions.  Snowden pointed out that the US.gov is treating it's citizens as the enemy and violating the consitution.  (I don't care how many judges said "It's okay." and even if Congress passed a law saying it's okay.  It's still unconstitutional. End. Period. Full Stop.)  I also don't think that Snowden has given away anything people didn't already know.  "We're listening to China phone calls."  Like the Chinese didn't already know that.  Hell, we've been waging cyber war with them (and many others) since damn the time Al Gore birthed the Interwebztubes.   

3) Manning wanted to hurt the US.  Snowden wanted to warn the US. \

But getting back to the OP's question.  No.  Obama doesn't have the 'nads to to anything other than read another teleprompter speech, and then run into the Oval Office, call Putin and tell , he's just kidding and it's all for show.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2013, 05:03:52 PM »
Obama doesn't have the 'nads to to anything other than read another teleprompter speech, and then run into the Oval Office, call Putin and tell , he's just kidding and it's all for show.

Are you kidding?  He doesn't need to call Putin or any other world leader, they all know the difference between public speeches and private State Dept. communications.   
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com