Author Topic: Will Trump survive until the election?  (Read 1998 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Will Trump survive until the election?
« on: June 20, 2016, 06:35:27 PM »
I don't mean politically:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Authorities-Man-at-Vegas-rally-said-he-wanted-to-8313643.php

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A man arrested at a Donald Trump rally in Las Vegas told authorities he tried to grab an officer's gun so he could kill the candidate, the Secret Service said.

Expect to see more of this as November approaches.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Will Trump survive until the election?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2016, 06:43:20 PM »
The insanity begins.
He does have SS protection,  and there have always been kooks, many of whom failed.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 06:44:19 PM »
So, not to be cold-hearted, but I'm genuinely curious regarding any rules about something like this. Not just an assassination, but what happens if one of the two candidates keels over from say, a heart attack in September or October?

Does the VP running mate step up? Do they try to get someone else from the party to run? That late in the game, it seems the opposing party candidate would walk off with the election.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 08:40:41 PM »
So, not to be cold-hearted, but I'm genuinely curious regarding any rules about something like this. Not just an assassination, but what happens if one of the two candidates keels over from say, a heart attack in September or October?

Does the VP running mate step up? Do they try to get someone else from the party to run? That late in the game, it seems the opposing party candidate would walk off with the election.

Well if Trump succumbs to a "previously undiagnosed heart condition" I'm sure Romney and/or Ryan would "take one for the team" and step up to the call.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 08:49:38 PM »
Well if Trump succumbs to a "previously undiagnosed heart condition" I'm sure Romney and/or Ryan would "take one for the team" and step up to the call.

Well there goes the silver lining...

Were some nutjub to pop Trump,  it would make him a martyr,  and his successor would be carried into office on the tidal wave of angry Trump supporters and Clinton haters.  

This is less of a positive thing in your scenario  :P
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 08:51:58 PM »
I still think Hillary gets nominated, indicted, then deposed. Elections temporarily postponed so we can select new candidates. Still don't think it is 100% that Obama leaves in January.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 09:14:13 PM »
I still think Hillary gets nominated, indicted, then deposed. Elections temporarily postponed so we can select new candidates. Still don't think it is 100% that Obama leaves in January.

Well that's about the most depressing thing I have read in about 20 years or maybe forever.   =|  :(

bob

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 09:54:24 PM »
Trump will be fine.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2016, 02:38:37 AM »
Imagine what kind of gun control laws they could pass with Republican help if Trump got killed. Ugh, it'd make 1968 look minor. Much like Obama I loathe the man but pray for his safety.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2016, 09:08:05 PM »
Imagine what kind of gun control laws they could pass with Republican help if Trump got killed. Ugh, it'd make 1968 look minor. Much like Obama I loathe the man but pray for his safety.
Heh. They would probably have a toast in the back room and throw a new front man out to loose to Clinton.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2016, 09:52:48 PM »
Heh. They would probably have a toast in the back room and throw a new front man out to loose to Clinton.

Lose?  ;)  (freaking autocorrect)
"It's good, though..."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2016, 10:57:03 PM »
Has anything like that happened in our history?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2016, 12:59:55 AM »
First time for everything.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 08:33:13 AM »
Lose?  ;)  (freaking autocorrect)
Hey I warned ya.

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 09:50:58 AM »

My step-grandmother's theory on the whole mess is that this fall, shortly before the election, Clinton and Trump will both be indicted for federal crimes and removed from the ballot.  Since there will be no candidate capable of gathering the sufficient number of electoral votes, Obama will declare this to be an emergency situation and order that he will remain in office.  Lawsuits will follow, and he will disband SCOTUS or he will pack the court like Roosevelt threatened/did during New Deal.  BY 2017, the United States of America will cease to be a democratic republic and will become the First American Empire, with Barrack Obama as the first American Emperor.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

brimic

• friends
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2016, 10:25:58 AM »
My step-grandmother's theory on the whole mess is that this fall, shortly before the election, Clinton and Trump will both be indicted for federal crimes and removed from the ballot.  Since there will be no candidate capable of gathering the sufficient number of electoral votes, Obama will declare this to be an emergency situation and order that he will remain in office.  Lawsuits will follow, and he will disband SCOTUS or he will pack the court like Roosevelt threatened/did during New Deal.  BY 2017, the United States of America will cease to be a democratic republic and will become the First American Empire, with Barrack Obama as the first American Emperor.

The shooting will start shortly after, though I can't predict who will fire the first shot. Expect purges and political scores being settled.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2016, 10:35:32 AM »
The best thing about the Trump run for president is how it fully revealed what the Republicans really are, traitors and collaborators with the traitorous Democrats.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2016, 04:09:25 PM »
Clinton and Trump will both be indicted for federal crimes and removed from the ballot.

This is where the electoral college is actually a benefit.  And that there is no law to remove criminals from elections.  Even if Clinton is sitting in jail on election day, if elected she's still the president until impeached by congress.  Then we have a set inheritance list already.

Even if the winner died, the electoral college would get to select the replacement.  Probably the selected VP.