Poll

Do you think Obama will sign a blank pardon for Clinton if Trump wins?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Will Obama grant Clinton a blank pardon if Trump wins?  (Read 8039 times)

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Will Obama grant Clinton a blank pardon if Trump wins?
« on: November 09, 2016, 12:59:22 AM »
I think it would be the absolute nail in Clinton's political career (although after tonight, it looks like they need to go ahead and dig the grave for her political future now) but do you think she'll get Obama to sign a blank pardon for all the crap that's been coming out in WikiLeaks, etc?

Admittedly, I'd be surprised if Trump cleans out Justice/FBI/etc. to the point that a prosecution would be likely, but that's gotta weigh heavy on Clinton right about now.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
Re: Will Obama grant Clinton a blank pardon if Trump wins?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 01:07:12 AM »
I also think that a blank pardon would be seen as a (further) stain on Obama's "legacy".....   So I'm thinking no.....  but it'll be interesting
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Triphammer

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 01:15:44 AM »
It would tickle me if he re-opened the investigation into O's place of birth. The garbage we had shoved down our throats didn't prove anything. If he could be proven an illegitimate president, Obamacare is GONE
 Clinton's presidential pardon- GONE; Iran nuke deal- GONE
I know- pipe dreams but it's late  & I'm tired this is the closing moments of a long rollercoaster ride.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 03:40:40 AM »
It would tickle me if he re-opened the investigation into O's place of birth. The garbage we had shoved down our throats didn't prove anything. If he could be proven an illegitimate president, Obamacare is GONE
 Clinton's presidential pardon- GONE; Iran nuke deal- GONE
I know- pipe dreams but it's late  & I'm tired this is the closing moments of a long rollercoaster ride.

While the evil RKL would love to see it proven the BHO wasn't actually eligible to be president* I actually think it would be damaging to the country as a whole. On the other hand, I would love to see the investigation of the Clinton Foundation seriously pushed.

I'd still.rather see the sealed college records that show him as a foreign student.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 03:41:02 AM »
Yes
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 03:43:47 AM »
I want Hillary and Bill prosecuted!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 03:46:36 AM »
I want Hillary and Bill prosecuted!

Don't forget Chelsea.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 06:46:46 AM »
I can see Obama pardoning Clinton for enough to protect himself from getting swept up along with her.  I don't see him going beyond that.  Even the FBI hasn't stopped investigating the Clinton Foundation even if they claim to have found nothing on the emails.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Will Obama grant Clinton a blank pardon if Trump wins?
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 08:03:16 AM »
Don't forget Chelsea.
I think she would look beautiful in jumpsuit orange.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 01:54:47 PM »
I can see Obama pardoning Clinton for enough to protect himself from getting swept up along with her.  I don't see him going beyond that.

He could easily word it just right so that it sounds like a full pardon, but leaves a few creative loopholes for prosecution.  After all, she ain't exactly young, so anything over 15-20 years in prison will be all the same.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 02:12:30 PM »
I think Obama hates the Clintons. (And vice-versa). I'm betting no on the pardon.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 03:07:48 PM »
What if the point of the trump campaign was to make sure that someone won who wouldn't prosecute the Clintons?

There's a chance that Trump is in cahoots with the Clintons and ran just to knock out the other Rs, most of whom would gladly send Hillary and others to jail.

Remember Trump is a left-of-center urban Democrat who wrapped himself in Republican populism to run and win. He's been lying from the outset. So if he has been lying and we don't know what is really driving him, why couldn't he be an op of theirs? His daughter is best friends with their daughter, the families have hung around with each other for years. He's an authoritarian/fascist, she's a fascist-authoritarian. They mesh perfectly.

/tinfoil

BHO may pardon HRC and WJC and maybe Chelsea and a few others but Obama won't pardon everybody. If Trump is on the up-and-up that still leaves a lot of people to prosecute.

I'd hope he goes after everybody else regardless of how low on the totem pole they are, even that maid who printed out the e-mails. Show the world how the Clintons and their top team skated and left all their underlings to swing. That would be a good object lesson.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 04:18:24 PM »
barack hussein can't pardon hillary for crimes she has not been charged with.  Maybe that is why Comey held off?  After barack leaves office, I am sure a Trump appointed FBI Director and a Trump appointed Attorney General, may be able to find just a smidge of intent to commit criminal acts by hillary and bill.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 05:31:58 PM »
barack hussein can't pardon hillary for crimes she has not been charged with.  Maybe that is why Comey held off?  After barack leaves office, I am sure a Trump appointed FBI Director and a Trump appointed Attorney General, may be able to find just a smidge of intent to commit criminal acts by hillary and bill.
Nixon was never charged
But he got his pardon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 05:49:38 PM »
barack hussein can't pardon hillary for crimes she has not been charged with.  Maybe that is why Comey held off?  After barack leaves office, I am sure a Trump appointed FBI Director and a Trump appointed Attorney General, may be able to find just a smidge of intent to commit criminal acts by hillary and bill.

IIRC, the FBI Director is appointed for a ten year term (Unless he resigns, dies or removed from office)  Trump may not be able to appoint a new director.  (Comey's been FBI director less than 4 years).

However, he can appoint a new AG and Deputy AG's and US Attorney's.  So the new ones may be willing to take Hillary to trial.

And yes, Obama can pardon Hillary "for any and all crimes she may or may not have committed."   But see Burdick vs US.  ;)

Which may actually be the best way out.  Hillary gets to walk, but badly and completely stained and tarnished with the specter of illegality.  Yet, the country avoids the entire spectacle of what will be deemed a "political trial", and her being made into a martyr and scapegoat.  Which will do nothing but fire up the Democrat base.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 10:03:27 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 06:02:35 PM »
I think Obama will pardon Hillary in return for her silence about his own role in illegal behavior.  I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't also pardon Valerie Jarrett for unspecified actions. I think history will ultimately reveal that she was behind many of the shady deals and outright lies that have characterized O's administration.
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 08:08:52 PM »
(because of a delay in posting this, without a quote, its meaning was lost... stand by while I regroup...)  :old:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:45:35 AM by HeroHog »
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
Re: Re: Will Obama grant Clinton a blank pardon if Trump wins?
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 08:10:21 PM »
I think she would look beautiful in jumpsuit orange.
I'm a pine or dirt man myself.  :old:
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 08:11:52 PM »
honestly, and it pains me to say this

TRUMP pardoning Clinton would be a smart move

It's an awful thought...

but. If he wanted to prove he was serious about the stuff he said in his speech about healing... he'd have tremendous "high ground" from a political standpoint if he did that.

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 09:11:44 PM »

It's an awful thought...

but. If he wanted to prove he was serious about the stuff he said in his speech about healing... he'd have tremendous "high ground" from a political standpoint if he did that.

The idea sickens me, too, but this is just like 1974, when Ford pardoned Nixon. If Trump has Hillary prosecuted, it will tear the country apart.

It might be a better idea to let her continue with her Foundation scam, then go after Bill and Hillary on the crimes they commit next year.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 09:23:06 PM »
There aint no putting humpty back together again.  Bho used the power of govt illegitamately to harass opponents.  Trump should use the legit powers of govt to crush the wildly felonious and corrupt.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 09:40:06 PM »
What he should do is appoint a special prosecutor to have the matter handled independently.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 09:45:01 PM »
There aint no putting humpty back together again.  Bho used the power of govt illegitamately to harass opponents.  Trump should use the legit powers of govt to crush the wildly felonious and corrupt.

Trump could pardon her for violating the Espionage Act with her email server.  It would seem magnanimous.  (accepting the pardon would imply guilt, and be the end of her political career)  Also revoke any clearances she has, just in case. 

The foundation is a separate matter; let that investigation go where it may.
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2016, 10:37:08 PM »

It's an awful thought...

I guess I would start by asking who is going to respect Trump for pardoning Clinton?  His supporters?  The media?  The establishment?  Democrats?

IMO, no not a smart move.  Democrats will still hate Trump and Republicans.  It will gain nothing with the opposition and piss off a great many of his supporters.  He didn't get where he was by playing nice with those who oppose him.  I don't think it would be smart to change hit spots now.  I hate to say it, but that really sounds like something W. Bush would do.  He made nice gestures to Democrats a lot.  He never got anything in return and just looked weak while the same Democrats talked trash about him in the media.  

No pardon whatsoever.  Prosecute her and her family and associates.  Commuting their sentence could be done afterward, but I wouldn't advise it myself.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2016, 10:45:58 PM »
I think Trump should go after Hilary. If nothing else, a lot of people have lost real faith in the justice system over this whole thing. Seeing rich, connected woman in high politics get away with stuff that has landed other people in jail faster than you can say "classified" does not sit well. If Trump wants to keep the support of the people who voted for him, he's got to do it.

As far as Obama's birth crap. *shrug* It's over, he's done. Stick a fork in him. If they bring it up, I'm going to be looking for what the news *isn't* reporting while they cover that debacle.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds