Author Topic: Will the real DJT please stand up!  (Read 1805 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Will the real DJT please stand up!
« on: August 26, 2019, 03:37:18 PM »
https://amgreatness.com/2019/08/25/the-mythical-trump-hydra/

Is Trump a moronic greedy unhinged con man or what?

I say "or what".

Good read from Hanson.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 06:13:02 PM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Will the real DJT please stand up!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 04:06:40 PM »
The same guy who wants to nuke hurricanes...yeah, I'm sure he's just a brilliant mastermind who's always pulling the strings.  ;/

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 04:22:33 PM »
The same guy who wants to nuke hurricanes...yeah, I'm sure he's just a brilliant mastermind who's always pulling the strings.  ;/

Of course there is no possibility that if he even mentioned that that he was either A: joking  and/ or B: the MSM took something  completely out of context and ran with it to feed gullible Trump haters more hand fed bullshit.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 04:49:28 PM »
And of course Trump is the first, the VERY first, who has ever suggested dropping a nuke or two into a Hurricane to either knock it apart or disrupt its course....

Not.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 04:50:34 PM »

I think you cut off a character or two from the link in the OP. 

Good article.  Pretty much a remind of the reality of what happened the last few years versus the propaganda. 
-------------

So is nuking a hurricane a better or worse idea than nuking the moon? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 05:02:04 PM »
One of my favorite things about Trump is that no matter what he says someone will always step up and try to excuse, defend, or sometimes even double down on it. Makes for some entertaining reading if you can appreciate the absurd.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 05:36:28 PM »
I would rather nuke the moon now than lose one million infantrymen on the shores of the Sea of Tranquility.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2019, 06:14:13 PM »

I think you cut off a character or two from the link in the OP.  

Good article.  Pretty much a remind of the reality of what happened the last few years versus the propaganda.  
-------------

So is nuking a hurricane a better or worse idea than nuking the moon?  

Thanks, fixed.

It is a good read.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 06:22:42 PM »
Victor Davis Hanson always has cogent commentary.  
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 06:39:19 PM by grampster »
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2019, 06:25:47 PM »
I would rather nuke the moon now than lose one million infantrymen on the shores of the Sea of Tranquility.

Well considering the fact that it was the democrats that let the Nazis escape to the moon in the first place.......
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2019, 07:26:36 PM »
One of my favorite things about Trump is that no matter what he says someone will always step up and try to excuse, defend, or sometimes even double down on it. Makes for some entertaining reading if you can appreciate the absurd.

One of the annoying things about never Trumpers is their inability to acknowledge that Trump is on his way to being the most conservative president in our lifetimes.

He may not be good enough to write for The National Review or The Weakly Standard, doesn't wear bowties and make being nice a fetish.

He just implements the conservative agenda the "conservatives" never got around to enacting.

http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=55052.0

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2019, 08:23:31 PM »
Entertaining article about Trump.

Miranda gets it.

https://nypost.com/2019/08/25/trump-took-a-page-out-of-the-wwes-playbook/

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2019, 12:09:49 AM »

I see what you did there.  Very good.

And of course Trump is the first, the VERY first, who has ever suggested dropping a nuke or two into a Hurricane to either knock it apart or disrupt its course....

Not.

It's a perennial suggestion, approaching the "nuke it from orbit to be sure" and the "glassify the place" memes.

{rolleyes}Actually, I suspect a just-off-the-eye shot might work, but a dead-center one would make it worse.  September and October are coming up!  Time for an empirical experiment !

From the cited link:

Shortly after Trump came to power National Geographic published an article pointing out how frequently the idea of nuking hurricanes has been raised over the last few decades. “It’s an appealing thought,” it said, “especially when, during hurricane season, we’re annually reminded of the immense destruction wrought by these storms.

“And it’s probably why, every year for the past six decades, government agencies have received missives from concerned citizens, urging preemptive attacks against hurricanes using nuclear weapons.”

Yeah, like putting out oil well fires.
{rolleyes}

Terry

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 08:23:30 AM »
I see what you did there.  Very good.

Absolute and complete thread veer:

I didn't see what he did there, so I typed it into google. APS is the #1 hit on the googles for that phrase. :)

Sidenote: some interesting google image recommendations for the phrase as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 09:18:30 AM »
I think that goes both ways.  No matter what Trump says, someone who doesn't like him will assume the worst interpretation or take his words out of context in order to attack him.  And often then the same person will see the negative response to their attack and comment about how Trump supporters always excuse, defend, and double down on everything he says. 
 =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

grampster

• friend
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2019, 09:45:09 AM »
"I didn't see what he did there, so I typed it into google. APS is the #1 hit on the googles for that phrase."

I see what you did there.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2019, 09:53:49 AM »
Actually, I suspect a just-off-the-eye shot might work, but a dead-center one would make it worse.  September and October are coming up!  Time for an empirical experiment !

Setting aside that it's a ridiculous notion, and who said it, I was wondering whether a nuclear blast would actually disrupt a tropical storm or just give it a boost of energy. (when brainstorming, you entertain ridiculous ideas, hoping someone will run with it in a non-ridiculous direction)  If it would work, and I don't think a nuke has enough energy, is there a way to do something without nukes?  Cloud seeding, perhaps?
"It's good, though..."

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2019, 09:59:22 AM »
He may not be good enough to write for The National Review or The Weakly Standard
Says who?!?

He’s very highly educated. He knows words, he even has the best words! He has a very good brain and he’s said a lot of things. He’s very compassionate (with a very high IQ) with strong common sense. He has one of the great memories of all time and he’s the least racist person you’ll find anywhere in the world. Nobody reads the bible more than him and nobody has more respect for women. He knows more about ISIS than the generals, more about taxes than anyone in the history of the world, and more about renewables than any human being on earth. On top of that he’s much more humble than you would understand.

If Trump was writing for either of those rags they could fire the whole crew of soyboy elitist weenies and he could do the whole thing himself! 

APS is the #1 hit on the googles for that phrase. :)
I think that might be "the algorithm" at work, google showing you what it thinks you want to see. Doesn't come up that way for me.

I think that goes both ways. 
No doubt, there's nuts all round and entertainment for all.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2019, 10:20:26 AM »
Absolute and complete thread veer:

I didn't see what he did there, so I typed it into google. APS is the #1 hit on the googles for that phrase. :)

Sidenote: some interesting google image recommendations for the phrase as well.

I believe he was drawing a parallel to the debate about dropping the A-bomb on Japan versus losing a million men on the beaches of the Home Islands in an invasion.   I could be wrong, but that's the way it hit me.  

Agreed on the reason for the APS hits:  algorithm or cookies or whatever mind-reading tricks google is using this week.

Terry
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 10:41:05 AM by 230RN »

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2019, 02:42:40 PM »
Says who?!?

He’s very highly educated. He knows words, he even has the best words! He has a very good brain and he’s said a lot of things. He’s very compassionate (with a very high IQ) with strong common sense. He has one of the great memories of all time and he’s the least racist person you’ll find anywhere in the world. Nobody reads the bible more than him and nobody has more respect for women. He knows more about ISIS than the generals, more about taxes than anyone in the history of the world, and more about renewables than any human being on earth. On top of that he’s much more humble than you would understand.

If Trump was writing for either of those rags they could fire the whole crew of soyboy elitist weenies and he could do the whole thing himself! 

I agree, he's a stable genious.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2019, 06:41:22 PM »
I think that goes both ways.  No matter what Trump says, someone who doesn't like him will assume the worst interpretation or take his words out of context in order to attack him.  And often then the same person will see the negative response to their attack and comment about how Trump supporters always excuse, defend, and double down on everything he says. 
 =D

Yup. "How can you defend him, after we've put those words into his mouth?!"
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2019, 06:51:21 PM »
I believe he was drawing a parallel to the debate about dropping the A-bomb on Japan versus losing a million men on the beaches of the Home Islands in an invasion.

Correct.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2019, 05:50:55 AM »

I think that might be "the algorithm" at work, google showing you what it thinks you want to see. Doesn't come up that way for me.
No doubt, there's nuts all round and entertainment for all.

Thank you, thank you very much.  I'll be here all week.

A not-so-good but adequate discussion of the contemporary "use The Bomb" debate during WWII:

https://youtu.be/HIc3Hw6Nm0c?t=70

« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 10:18:55 PM by 230RN »