Author Topic: Prepare the memory hole  (Read 4201 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Prepare the memory hole
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 02:28:03 PM »
Only real hitch was lack of padding material. I didn't know I was supposed to bring any, and the packers said they weren't told to bring any.

Once you breach the door, it's too late to worry about that.  Just duct tape her and get her in the trunk ASAP.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 02:49:23 PM »
I want pictures.  =D

Under the circumstances, it went very smoothly. No shooting or whatnot, everyone that was supposed to show did, etc. Not all extractions I've done went as quietly. Only real hitch was lack of padding material. I didn't know I was supposed to bring any, and the packers said they weren't told to bring any. I understand the lady in question wasn't happy about that, completely understandably under normal circumstances. But with respect, I gather she hasn't done this before. Rule is grab what you need, bin the rest. Speed is the key. In, out, done.

I think her vexation was more based on paying a supposedly professional company to pack her stuff, and they ended up breaking her teevee and some expensive furniture. As well as using some of her paintings as padding. :/

But yeah that whole thing was a giant cluster on this end. Perils of trying to arrange things after having fled the locality.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 02:50:29 PM »
Young strong guys whining about lifting weights  ;/

Self deprecating humor, you should try it sometime. It'd make for a nice break from all the bragging about what a hardass you are.  :-*

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 07:25:08 PM »
Self deprecating humor, you should try it sometime. It'd make for a nice break from all the bragging about what a hardass you are.  :-*

My ass is hard because it's frozen  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 08:00:35 PM »
My ass is hard because it's frozen  :P

I thought it was because of the fossilization process?  ;)