Author Topic: texas folks  (Read 1469 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
texas folks
« on: January 27, 2014, 08:24:07 PM »
fans of wendy davis claim the no illegal drugs and booze while kids are over and 24 hours before clause in her divorce papers is sop in a texas divorce.
true?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: texas folks
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2014, 10:23:28 PM »
fans of wendy davis claim the no illegal drugs and booze while kids are over and 24 hours before clause in her divorce papers is sop in a texas divorce.
true?

Dunno, not a lawyer and never divorced in Texas or anyplace else.

But, I think there was something about a restraining order in some of the divorce docs, was there not?  Not SOP according to my divorced friends and colleagues. 

The local skinny is that she went off the rails at Harvard with the infidelity, drinking, and drugs.  That followed her back to Texas, where she thoughtfully stuck it out through the marriage until the day after hubby #2 (sugar daddy #1) paid off her tuition bill at Harvard.

But. let there be no doubt, she is a 100% completely self-made super-feminist woman, just like Hilary Clinton. (Who also got there by marrying the right man.)
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 11:15:36 PM »
It really just shows how disparate the liberals in Texas are.  This is the best they got?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 08:58:22 AM »
Not SOP, but not uncommon.

Get your **** together, Arlington.  I know it's gerrymandering at its finest, but still.  You look like idiots.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 10:17:58 AM »
I never practiced domestic relations, but I have reason to read a lot of parenting plans and divorce decrees in my job; usually in the context of who can consent to what for the healthcare of a child and who pays for it.  Here in Washington state, I on occasion see these sort of clauses, usually in the context of someone who has substance abuse problems.   I have also seen language about locking up the firearms during visitation.  I would estimate I see these sort of provisions maybe 5% of the time.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

• friends
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 10:21:11 AM »
i the davis case most damning was hubby 2 getting custody of both kids.  one not his.  i've only seen that where mommy was clearly not fit
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 10:23:52 AM »
I don't know if it's boilerplate in Texas divorce documentation or not, but it wouldn't surprise me at all. I wrote the custody arrangement for mine, so mine was definitely not boilerplate, but the judge who handled the initial hearing tossed out the "no drugs, no alcohol" prohibition as a casual afterthought, with no request to do so by either party or lawyer, which made me think it was very common.

Advice I had already received here on this forum, BTW.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 10:26:45 AM »
true?

It's in mine, and I quit drinking well before the final decree.  Hadn't had more than a couple beers a week in over a decade.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2014, 10:59:08 AM »
i the davis case most damning was hubby 2 getting custody of both kids.  one not his.  i've only seen that where mommy was clearly not fit

Yeah, same here.  A marginally(1) fit buddy of mine got custody of his daughter and the mother of his daughter's other daughter (not related to him). 

The other (possibly more charitable?) explanation is that they would have been an impediment in her drive to win a seat on the Ft Worth city council. 

Not sure, after writing that ^^^ if being deemed unfit or tossing them aside voluntarily is more damning.

(1) By "marginally" I mean a regular guy who had zero experience raising children, but who is basically decent and did the best he could, to include pay for private schooling for both girls.  Sadly, they did not end up well.  But I ascribe that more to the fact that they would have been a challenge for the very best of parents.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2014, 01:20:31 PM »
Yeah, same here.  A marginally(1) fit buddy of mine got custody of his daughter and the mother of his daughter's other daughter (not related to him).

A friend didn't get primary due to PTSD from abuse, subject to reevaluation after psych treatment.  (Brilliant plan there, judge; give them to the guy that beat the crap out of her for a couple decades to keep them safe.  Apparently the deciding factor was that he was only physically abusive to women, and they were all boys.)

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2014, 01:22:14 PM »
Outside of rad-fems, most women wouldn't vote for a woman who either gave away or lost custody of her children. Especially when the guy who got custody was a step-father to one of the girls! You've got to either be in a real bad place or voluntarily abandon them for that to happen.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2014, 01:50:16 PM »
A friend didn't get primary due to PTSD from abuse, subject to reevaluation after psych treatment.  (Brilliant plan there, judge; give them to the guy that beat the crap out of her for a couple decades to keep them safe.  Apparently the deciding factor was that he was only physically abusive to women, and they were all boys.)

In my buddy's case, he didn't beat her and never lived with her.  The documented fact of her abuse of crack was enough to tip the scales in his favor.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2014, 02:40:49 PM »
In my buddy's case, he didn't beat her and never lived with her.  The documented fact of her abuse of crack was enough to tip the scales in his favor.

I have a friend who got sole custody of his daughter as well.  Sole custody and termination of the mother's rights.  I want to say the rights thing and the divorce were simultaneous but separate.

That just never happens in Texas.  The mother *always* wins that one.  And her child from a previous marriage, too?  Sheesh.  I'm guessing it must've been somehow voluntary to gain an advantage in some other area.  She would have to be a serious substance abuser or completely absent for it to go down like that involuntarily.

ETA: Kid #1 was TWENTY ONE in 2005 when they divorced.  Nobody got custody.  Maybe Dad got to claim the kid on his taxes.

I'm not a fan, but the statements about custody of #1 are absolutely false.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 02:53:02 PM by Azrael256 »

• friends
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2014, 07:15:46 PM »
both daughters stayed with dad both before and after decree and she had to pay child support

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2014, 08:56:30 PM »
Did the Evil Party think that this information would not get out in public?  Really think that?  I am astonished.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.