Author Topic: Texas Open Carry  (Read 6025 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Texas Open Carry
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 10:07:02 AM »

As I understand it, anything less or different or out-of-spec is meaningless.

stay safe.

Correct. Signage requirements are straighforward, well established, and easily implimented. When Texas CHL was first passed the signs were everywhere. Now they are relatively rare, most instances being the restricted locations or in national store chains.  Being a university town we have our share of transplanted lib whackadoodles but they are a blessedly small (albeit vocal) minority.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 10:31:27 PM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/06/robert-farago/one-of-the-many-benefits-of-texas-licensed-open-and-campus-carry/#comment-2160127

:lol:  I don't know if it's the dyed-in-the-wool anti-gunners that react to every gun law reform as if it had never been tried before, or if it's just regular schlubs that don't pay attention, or both. Is there a difference?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 11:02:56 PM »
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/06/robert-farago/one-of-the-many-benefits-of-texas-licensed-open-and-campus-carry/#comment-2160127

:lol:  I don't know if it's the dyed-in-the-wool anti-gunners that react to every gun law reform as if it had never been tried before, or if it's just regular schlubs that don't pay attention, or both. Is there a difference?
Were those names supposed to be well known?

I think most regular schlubs don't really care, but all they hear is the media side.  Even if they know the media lies, it still has an effect.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 02:48:08 PM »
http://www.texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=133&t=77874
For Texas residents of APS, this thread over at Texas CHL Forum has a run down of what gun related laws passed in this last legislative session.  2 more years for any more changes.

I had not realized State Knife Preemption passed.  I now recall seeing it was in the mix earlier this year, but forgot about it. 

Signed by Governor:

SB473 - Makes the lack of NFA registration or designation as a "curio" an element of the crime, rather than a defense to prosecution. You can currently be tried for owning a suppressor, and you must present proof of NFA registration in court as a defense.

Sent to Governor (or soon to be sent to governor):

SB273 - This bill seeks to provide a civil penalty for municipalities that post un-enforceable 30.06 signs. 30.06 signs posted on state or local government property are un-enforceable unless already an otherwise prohibited place.

HB554 - Creates a defense to prosecution and a prohibition on arrest if a CHL inadvertently carries a handgun into the security area of an airport. Police cannot arrest a person unless they advise them of their ability to leave the security area and the CHL fails to do so. (Please still don't do this, you still face fines from the TSA.)

HB905 - Preempts local knife laws in Texas, removing the patchwork of local knife ordinances across the state.

HB910 - Licensed open carry. Texas will have licensed open carry on Jan 1, 2016, being the 46th state to adopt open carry legislation.

SB11 - Campus carry bill
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2015, 01:14:34 PM »
On the campus carry, I think this is hilarious (yet also a little sad, re: the stupidity. I suppose professors will all demand "safe space" now):

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/04/gunpoint-average-texas-prof-fears-campus-carry-law-would-bring-grade-inflation/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2015, 01:32:23 PM »
Did you notice her academic field?

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2015, 01:36:09 PM »
On the campus carry, I think this is hilarious (yet also a little sad, re: the stupidity. I suppose professors will all demand "safe space" now):

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/04/gunpoint-average-texas-prof-fears-campus-carry-law-would-bring-grade-inflation/

Because threatening your prof with a pocketknife or any other dangerous implement available on campus, well, that just couldn't have happened already...  :facepalm:

Gullion's Travels, the contemporary update to a classic fantasy tale replacing small bodies with micro-intellects.  ;/
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2015, 01:36:35 PM »
Does this open carry apply to CCW permits from other states that Texas honors?
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2015, 01:40:08 PM »
Did you notice her academic field?

Brad

Yes, and the prestigious standing of the institution.

(My ex "earned" a MBA from this degree mill.)
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2015, 09:25:13 PM »
Does this open carry apply to CCW permits from other states that Texas honors?

IANAL, etc, but if a permit is honored, then all the other portions of the Tx carry rules apply, as i read it. And the open carry bits dont seem to specify

so i assume that this applies to folks with out of state permits honored by tx?
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2015, 06:06:30 PM »
OC and CC are fully officializationated. Signed at a gun range, no less. Seems Gubner Abbott's idea of subtlety is a billboard and a bullhorn.   =D

http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Gov-Abbott-Signs-Open-Carry-and-Campus-Carry-Bills-at-Gun-Range-307262341.html?device=phone&c=y

Brad
-HankB