Author Topic: Texas Gov Exec Order  (Read 1129 times)

Bob F.

• friend
Texas Gov Exec Order
« on: September 06, 2019, 07:30:36 PM »
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

zxcvbob

• friend
"It's good, though..."

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Texas Gov Exec Order
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2019, 10:09:58 PM »
I guess we will see how these suspicious activity reports work.  However, it looks like they are trying to do something that might actually help without tripping over the gun control landmine. 

Of course, we will see if there are upcoming legislative efforts, but unless he calls a special session it will be a while before the legislature meets.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 10:21:48 PM »
https://gunowners.org/alert09062019/

Just this GOA email alert.  Takes  different view. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2019, 12:10:49 AM »
I don't like these laws, but I don't like laws being passed but not enforced even more.

Since TX has these SAR laws, I support the Gov making sure that they are enforced and enforced equally across the spectrum.  At the least, if they are as bad as we think, then the abuse and legal challenges will show up that much faster.

I think the worst thing that can happen is we pass more gun control, and it's ignored or selectively enforced only on folks that are obviously "bad guys" so the middle don't see the issues.

in that vein, I really hope we get a video soon of an off duty cop playing with a bump stock.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 01:01:24 PM »
And Texas' Lieutenant Governor, Dan Patrick, has turned his coat.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2019/09/06/texas-lt-gov-dan-patrick-says-he-will-defy-nra-take-lead-on-gun-background-checks/

Up to now he's been pretty good in the Lt. Governor position - he's gotten my vote in the past.

I don't think he will in the future.

:mad:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 08:12:07 AM »
Remember, the is is the GOP that brought us the Patriot act. This is the natural progression of such.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 11:30:49 AM »
Remember, the is is the GOP that brought us the Patriot act. This is the natural progression of such.

Exactly.  The whole "safety first" mindset is a death knell for freedom and liberty.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2019, 02:25:14 PM »
And Texas' Lieutenant Governor, Dan Patrick, has turned his coat.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2019/09/06/texas-lt-gov-dan-patrick-says-he-will-defy-nra-take-lead-on-gun-background-checks/

Up to now he's been pretty good in the Lt. Governor position - he's gotten my vote in the past.

I don't think he will in the future.

:mad:
Just remember that primaries are next year.  I will certainly be voting for someone else.