Author Topic: Liberal Super PAC: Calling Repubs racist more effective than criticizing policy  (Read 1197 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/14/liberal-super-pac-calling-republicans-racist-more-effective-than-criticizing-policy/

A top official at a liberal super PAC with the goal of eradicating tea partiers from Congress is telling activists that it’s more effective to label Republicans as racists than criticize their policies.

According to an audio recording obtained by The Daily Caller, Matthew “Mudcat” Arnold, the national campaign manager of the liberal CREDO super PAC, told a gathering of supporters in Aurora, Colo., on Sept. 8 that they’ve realized “policy did not move voters.”

He used Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King as an example.

“When we said that Steve King … is pro-life and believes in cutting Social Security and voted for the Ryan budget, no one cared,” Arnold said. “When we said Steve King’s a racist, Steve King believes that immigrants ought to be put in electric fences, people moved.”

I long ago stopped getting worked up when folks squawk, "Racist!"  All it really means nowadays is, "Shut up, I ignorant or dishonest and can't debate you on the issues."  Especially, nowadays when supposedly conservative Republican types get into the act.  They do so love to call their fellows on the right racists.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Shut up you brown-people-murdering racist!    [popcorn]

RoadKingLarry

• friends
I've taken to accusing those that cal me a racist of being pedophiles. When they protest I tell they I have as much evidence of thier being pedophiles as they have of me being a racist.
I usually don't have to talk to them again.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

longeyes

• friend
We have devolved to a nation of children calling each other names. There is no substance to any of the political conversation anymore.  This, to be honest, is not the time for an election, it is a time for dividing the property.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
The problem is, this kind of crap DOES sink in with certain demographics. My daughter (college student with a conservative belief system but surrounded by university liberals) informed me that if Romney gets elected he'll shut down planned parenthood where a lot of folks get birth control and he'll reverse Roe vs Wade, both of which, combined, will subjugate black and low income folks. Therefore, racist, or elitist, both of which are BAD. And she honestly believes this.

My notion that more folks should be like her and take charge of their own lives rather than rely on folks like her to support their mistakes .... well, there was no response to that.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Have her call me....

:facepalm:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

longeyes

• friend
We're beyond the fantasies of "counseling."  Time for the divorce lawyers.

If we don't know this now, we will in a few months.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
It's telling that we can't even muster any outrage over this. At this point, it seems like a statement of the obvious.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife