Author Topic: All Your Thermostats Belong to Us  (Read 13247 times)

Archie

• friend
  • Galactic Effectuator
Re: All Your Thermostats Belong to Us
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2008, 02:28:42 PM »
I don't see why the California legislature just doesn't pass a law prohibiting the outside air temperature from passing certain maximum and minimum temperatures.

They seem to think they can fix everything else by passing a law.
As long as the citizens of the United States own and keep personal weapons, we can argue about all the other issues that concern us.  The instant we lose the ability to keep weapons, our masters will decide all those other issues for us.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2008, 05:31:45 PM »
Reminds me of Fred Thompson's quote about if the government has a more compelling need for your taxes.  Sad that the GOP and Democrats feel they need our money and to control our lives.  Make me wonder how sad because the GOP strongman out there, Arnold, would sign a bill like this.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2008, 06:49:49 PM »
So, Central Services are going to set your thermostat. Do you have to call them for repairs or can you have a renegade repairman such as Harry Buttle er Tuttle come out and repair it?
That was my first thought, too.  Freaky.

grin

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2008, 06:14:18 AM »
Just go to your furnace/AC, and run another set of wires to a manual thermostat.  Run the wires through a remote control, aka ceiling fan switch, switch so in case the thermostat nazis kick in your door you can quickly switch to the "proper" thermostat for their inspection..........I on the other hand, heat with a free standing wood stove......Just chuck in another piece of green wood, it smokes more, and sit back and enjoy........chris3

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2008, 06:19:02 PM »
Just go to your furnace/AC, and run another set of wires to a manual thermostat.  Run the wires through a remote control, aka ceiling fan switch, switch so in case the thermostat nazis kick in your door you can quickly switch to the "proper" thermostat for their inspection..........I on the other hand, heat with a free standing wood stove......Just chuck in another piece of green wood, it smokes more, and sit back and enjoy........chris3
  Why would you advocate breaking the law?

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2008, 05:38:38 AM »
Who is breaking the law.....where I live, everything I said is legal..................chris3

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2009, 10:44:50 AM »
Holy necropost, batman!

Hi, MayDix! Welcome to the board, what brings you here?

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2009, 10:56:10 AM »
There are still just three wires the thermostat controls.

I don't like the stupid water saving shower heads that don't allow me to take a real shower either so i took the black rubber plug out. now I get a nice flow of water.

bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2009, 11:05:31 AM »
Time to invest in some window a/cs I guess.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2009, 11:28:21 AM »
I think we might saying thing legally but sometimes people couldn't understand exactly what are we saying....

Uhm.. yeah, you got that right. I have NO clue what you were actually trying to say... :D

And this thread isn't that old.

We had some jackass on TFL resurect a thread from 1999!

And it wasn't about guns...

Rich asked people to report whether they were having problems related to a VERY specific update that was made to TFL's software. Only a few people had the problem, and reported such. A fix was made, and the thread died.

About 3 months ago this guy comes in and adds a message "I'm not having this problem."

In order to resurect a thread that old, you get a popup window that tells you you're about to create a zombie.

This guy just blew right through it.

The real kicker? That post was 33% of his total contribution to TFL.

Sigh.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 11:32:56 AM by Mike Irwin »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

May16Dix2009

« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2009, 11:29:30 AM »
Apparently i have never been watched or saw the movie...

brimic

• friends
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2009, 11:58:27 AM »
You realize there are times - very rarely, once every few years - when you would be subject to a rotating outage and everything would crash including your computer and traffic lights, and you don't want to do that," said Arthur Rosenfeld, a member of the energy commission.

Reducing individual customers' electrical use - if necessary, involuntarily - could avoid that, Rosenfeld said. "If you can control rotating outages by letting everyone in the state share the pain," he said, "there's a lot less pain to go around."

Better plan: reduce government bureaucrats oxygen use- if necessay, involuntarily.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama