Author Topic: Am I out of line to complain?  (Read 13232 times)

HForrest

• friend
Re: Am I out of line to complain?
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2011, 05:33:41 AM »
You aren't happy because you didn't get the answer you wanted to hear.
I'm not happy because you and Bridgerunner are making this all about me, and not about the topic I posted. Which was about the communication practices of property management companies.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2011, 05:38:06 AM »
Have you communicated to the management you concerns with your schedule?  If not then it is all about you.  If you have then you need to continue to speak with them or find someplace else.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

HForrest

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2011, 05:43:38 AM »
Well, seeing that I got the notice at 8:00 this evening, it's not like I can call them up and have a phone conversation about it before the "entry window".

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2011, 05:45:44 AM »
You stated that this is an ongoing issue right?

Talk to management and get back to me if they don't try to accommodate you.

And gee it is 2:45 where you are right now so what is stopping you from sleeping now so you could be up by 8?
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

HForrest

• friend
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2011, 05:50:00 AM »
And gee it is 2:45 where you are right now so what is stopping you from sleeping now so you could be up by 8?
Schoolwork, and frustration over starting a trainwreck of a thread.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2011, 05:52:23 AM »
I'm not happy because you and Bridgerunner are making this all about me, and not about the topic I posted. Which was about the communication practices of property management companies.

I'm pretty sure it was about you getting bent out of shape about your property management company communicating in a way pretty standard for the industry and your irritation with them failing to divine that you don't like it and then offer a suitable alternative plan, which appears to include not doing any maintenance, because it's not a problem, thus ensuring that become a problem.

I didn't see the point in that topic, so I rejected your topic and substituted it with my own.

Which, micro, is not remotely about how bad stuff happening in the world excuses rudeness.  It is about how obnoxious it usually is to spout off about the special treatment one deserves for no particular reason, just cuz.  Particularly when one has done exactly zip to resolve the problem, which is a non-problem for most people in the same situation.  

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2011, 05:55:00 AM »
HForrest, you may have forgotten but we are a brutally honest group, brutal but honest.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2011, 05:56:17 AM »
Hm, on the warmer, fuzzier flip side, I'm really quite serious.  You're in a pretty sweet position.  Someone wants to show up to do stuff for you.  Appreciation feels better than indignation.  

So if the problem is any variation of you being annoyed, there's another suggestion for ya, laid out even more clearly.

HForrest

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2011, 06:09:54 AM »
which appears to include not doing any maintenance, because it's not a problem, thus ensuring that become a problem.
You are making gross exaggerations about things I posted, and have made rude implications about my life, and I don't appreciate it.

I wanted to discuss whether or not it was appropriate to call the property management company with polite but negative feedback over this issue. I believe it's unreasonable to give such short notice for entry. I was hoping that responses contrary to my opinion would include something like an explanation of why this is a common practice in the industry, and why my expectation of more notification time is unreasonable. That's far from anything that happened.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2011, 06:19:21 AM »
You are making gross exaggerations about things I posted, and have made rude implications about my life, and I don't appreciate it.

Ok, so, uh...pistols or sabers?

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2011, 07:12:13 AM »
Ok, so, uh...pistols or sabers?

Bridge you have him outclassed either way.

HForrest

• friend
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2011, 07:23:38 AM »
Bridge you have him outclassed either way.
No, because I didn't make disparaging insinuations about anyone.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2011, 07:34:26 AM »
Alright, let's summarize:

1) You pay a lot of money in rent
2) You don't own the property
3) You resent the landlord coming in with insufficient notice
4) Rather that address the landlord, you will complain online
5) Repeat process, as you refuse to address the landlord

In the landlord's defense, if he has 100 renters, and has to accommodate 100 different renter's lifestyle for entry for maintenance, now the rent cost must increase due to additional labor for performing the work.

Then you can complain about the increased cost of rent online.

Buy a house. Then you can control everything.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2011, 07:38:48 AM »
Alright, let's summarize:

1) You pay a lot of money in rent
2) You don't own the property
3) You resent the landlord coming in with insufficient notice
5) Repeat process, as you refuse to address the landlord

In the landlord's defense, if he has 100 renters, and has to accommodate 100 different renter's lifestyle for entry for maintenance, now the rent cost must increase due to additional labor for performing the work.

Then you can complain about the increased cost of rent online.

Buy a house. Then you can control everything.

Or join the military and control nothing. >:D

HForrest

• friend
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2011, 07:40:42 AM »
I thought this was an off topic discussion forum. I intended to have a light hearted discussion. Sorry.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2011, 07:47:44 AM »
I meant that very light heartedly. No need to worry!
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2011, 07:49:57 AM »

Or join the military and control nothing. >:D
Or even drop to a lower level, and be married and in the military.

You are truly *expletive deleted*ed - you know this, right!?  =D

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2011, 07:50:08 AM »
HF, on this board you will find all kinds of people, from all walks of life, from multiple coutries that were brought together out of, IMHO, the love of freedom.

Now we are a surely bunch and yes a lot of bitching and complaining can be found on this here site.  But the common thread in all the bitching from the regulars is that they had already taken the time to solve a problem on his or her own.  Failure for most of us is not an option and once we are stuck we come here to vent and seek a better way.

We also come on here to brag when something goes right.

We also just come on here to bitch about life in general.  For the most part we don't judge each other and you for the most part will always find someone willing to give you advice good or bad.  While I have never met anyone on here in person as of yet, there are several people on this board I without of doubt would trust my life and the lives of my family with.

With all that said in a nutshell we are one giant disfunctional family.  Feelings have been known to get hurt but people appoligize and move on.  If you can't accept honest and critical assitance, this is the wrong place to ask for help.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2011, 07:51:48 AM »
Or even drop to a lower level, and be married and in the military.

You are truly *expletive deleted*ed - you know this, right!?  =D

Hey, Jamie, a big middle finger to you also. >:D

You know I love most of you on her as brothers and sisters.  With friends and family like this...............

And as for the bolded, not since at least June or was it March.?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2011, 08:48:37 AM »
Wow, some fun y'all are. Forget I said anything.

Reality is a stone cold bitch, eh?
Think of it this way:
You're living in that man's investment.   Can you blame him formwanting to keep his investment up?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2011, 09:40:03 AM »
If the homeowner doesn't want someone else treating it like their own home, he shouldn't have signed a lease.  That's what a lease is - a property interest that gives the tenant an exclusive right of occupancy.  Owners sell something to a tenant; they don't have a right to do whatever they want with their investments to the extent they sold those rights for a limited time.

HForrest, it could potentially be a breach of your property rights depending on the actual purpose of the visits.  The law varies by state, but generally, wanting to have a look around is not a valid reason to abrogate the property rights an owner sold to a tenant.  You do potentially have options other than "buy a house" or "find someone else", and you should feel entitled to the full benefit of the property rights you bought.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2011, 09:45:33 AM »
If the homeowner doesn't want someone else treating it like their own home, he shouldn't have signed a lease.  That's what a lease is - a property interest that gives the tenant an exclusive right of occupancy.  Owners sell something to a tenant; they don't have a right to do whatever they want with their investments to the extent they sold those rights for a limited time.

HForrest, it could potentially be a breach of your property rights depending on the actual purpose of the visits.  The law varies by state, but generally, wanting to have a look around is not a valid reason to abrogate the property rights an owner sold to a tenant.  You do potentially have options other than "buy a house" or "find someone else", and you should feel entitled to the full benefit of the property rights you bought.

Ah, just like a bloodsucker.....because his signed lease means nothing, right?  ;/
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2011, 09:58:24 AM »
Ah, just like a bloodsucker.....because his signed lease means nothing, right?  ;/

No, the opposite - his signed lease means he has a right to call that place home, and treat it more or less as if he owns it, for the time specified in the lease.  That's what the homeowner signed up for by leasing it out.

"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2011, 10:04:28 AM »
No, the opposite - his signed lease means he has a right to call that place home, and treat it more or less as if he owns it, for the time specified in the lease.  That's what the homeowner signed up for by leasing it out.

Ah, but here is the rub. And you should know this. There are terms in the lease. If the owner is meeting the terms of the lease, then whats the problem?

JD

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2011, 10:05:23 AM »
De Selby, this is an apartment and there are clauses in most standard leases that cover the fact that a representative from management may enter the apartment in emergencies and with proper notice.