Author Topic: We're being attacked!  (Read 2125 times)

mtnbkr

• friend
We're being attacked!
« on: April 05, 2011, 01:03:01 PM »
No, not really.  Quantico is doing live fire exercises with artillery and I can hear it loud and clear at my house...20 miles away.

Chris

Regolith

• friend
Re: We're being attacked!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 02:24:21 PM »
Unless there was an attack scheduled during the live fire exercise.  How would you know the difference?  [tinfoil]
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 03:05:16 PM »
I thought the F.B.I. trained at Quantico .... they use artillery?   The militias and the Davidians must have armed up since Ruby Ridge & Waco .....  [tinfoil] [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 03:41:20 PM »
They're just doing a wolf-crying excercise to get you used to it.  Then when you get nice and complacent, they turn the artillery your way.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 03:42:41 PM »
I thought the F.B.I. trained at Quantico .... they use artillery?   The militias and the Davidians must have armed up since Ruby Ridge & Waco .....  [tinfoil] [popcorn]

Not sure if you're joking or actually don't know this, but Quantico is a Marine Corps base.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 03:48:23 PM »
Not sure if you're joking or actually don't know this, but Quantico is a Marine Corps base.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/training/training

The FBI Academy is located on 385 wooded acres on a Marine Corps base in Quantico, Virginia about 36 miles outside Washington, D.C. Much of the FBI’s training takes place here—from minting new agents and analysts to grooming law enforcement leaders from around the world.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 06:07:35 PM »
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/training/training

Yeah, I know. But the fact that the FBI also trains there has nothing to do with being surprised that people on a Marine base are firing arty.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 06:22:14 PM »
The Feebies and Jarheads have some nice ranges there.  I often fly over Quantico on my into IAD.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 07:38:00 PM »
=D  Apparantly, it's both .....  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 07:52:50 PM »
It's simple really....both the FBI and the Marines use Quantico....the FBI uses it for training agents.....and the Marines use the FBI for moving-target exercises....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 09:18:48 PM »
I hope I'm there next week, waiting to see if my orders get shot down...
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 09:30:32 PM »
Interesting tidbit of trivia:

"Quantico" is one of the few words in the English language that does not use a "u" after the "q".
I promise not to duck.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2011, 09:38:28 PM »

"Quantico" is one of the few words in the English language that does not use a "u" after the "q".

Huh?  Am I missing a joke or something?

Chris

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2011, 09:51:01 PM »
I hope I'm there next week, waiting to see if my orders get shot down...

holler if you need anything    does anyone know where globe and laurel went?

never mind  found it

http://theglobeandlaurel.com/OurHistory.aspx
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 12:36:11 AM »

Color me cornfuzed.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 12:55:17 AM »
Total nail biter of a State Supreme Court race here in WI. And I'm just letting the crazy leak out in odd directions.  =D
I promise not to duck.

• friends
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 07:38:26 AM »
sounds like 155 from quantico this morning.   i'm a pretty good ways away and its noticeable indoors
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 08:00:03 AM »
I haven't heard anything this morning...yet.

Chris

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 09:50:10 AM »
Yep when I lived in Hoodbridge I heard everything from arty down to .50 full auto fire.
I was about 10 miles closer than mtnbkr, though.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 10:59:26 AM »
Thanks to the need to create more base housing, they moved some of the live-fire ranges farther away from US-1 back in the late 70's.  But before they did, I got caught one night by an errant red star cluster that drifted out over the highway.

The at-the-time future ex-wife was totally befuddled about why I had put the car in the ditch and was pushing her out the passenger-side door while yelling "Incoming!"  (I was about 18 months back from an all-expenses-paid vacation in beautiful SE Asia.  Can you say PTSD?  I knew you could.)

One of these days I'm going to break down and leave the guns at home so I can go visit the new Museum of the Marine Corps. 

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 01:33:59 PM »
Thanks to the need to create more base housing, they moved some of the live-fire ranges farther away from US-1 back in the late 70's.  But before they did, I got caught one night by an errant red star cluster that drifted out over the highway.

The at-the-time future ex-wife was totally befuddled about why I had put the car in the ditch and was pushing her out the passenger-side door while yelling "Incoming!"  (I was about 18 months back from an all-expenses-paid vacation in beautiful SE Asia.  Can you say PTSD?  I knew you could.)

One of these days I'm going to break down and leave the guns at home so I can go visit the new Museum of the Marine Corps.  

stay safe.

If you're comfortable locking it in the car, you don't need to leave 'em at home. The actual museum isn't on the base proper, it's across from the Triangle entrance.  I'm not sure if the museum is actually off limits or not.  I don't remember metal detectors, but could be wrong.
Quanitco cemetary is nearby, so is the Prince William National Forest Park, which has some beautiful hikes.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 02:01:07 PM »
The Feebies and Jarheads have some nice ranges there.  I often fly over Quantico on my into IAD.

What is an IAD? Improvised Airplane Device?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

• friends
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 02:19:05 PM »
I haven't heard anything this morning...yet.

Chris

i just read they are blowing stuff up  might be a different range this side of the base

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 02:20:33 PM »
IAD is the code for Dulles International Airport.

Chris

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 11:03:06 PM »
IAD is the code for Dulles International Airport.

Chris
Yes, and when flying in from the south, one of the arrival routes goes right over the FBI training facility. I always smile and wave.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?