Author Topic: Butch Trucks Founding Member of Allman Brothers Band Passed  (Read 921 times)

wmenorr67

• friend
Butch Trucks Founding Member of Allman Brothers Band Passed
« on: January 25, 2017, 03:19:26 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/01/25/allman-brothers-band-drummer-butch-trucks-dead-at-69.html

Was one of the original drummers for the group.  Says he was 69 but in the posted picture he looks older.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

dm1333

• friend
Re: Butch Trucks Founding Member of Allman Brothers Band Passed
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 05:28:06 PM »
This sucks.  I'm a huge Allman Brothers fan. 

grampster

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 09:13:14 PM »
We have friends here in KW who are musicians.  A couple of them knew Butch growing up.  Sad day for them.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 10:24:28 PM »
I've only seen them a couple times, bummer.
What an awesome group
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 12:33:35 PM »
Well looks like he committed suicide in front of his wife.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/01/27/reports-allman-brothers-butch-trucks-committed-suicide-in-front-his-wife.html

All kind of things had to go FUBAR for this to have gone down if correct.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 01:44:01 AM »
a brief news report i heard said he owed back taxes, heck, he could have just toured for 3 yrs to pay it off.
freaking revenue vampires, its hard enough to be a musician , you have to be a tax attny and an accountant too?
Suicide is a big problem for older white guys, famous or not!
I've suffered from depression, good folks here helped me out a lot.
God have mercy on his soul.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 09:40:23 AM »
He lived a rock star life beyond his means it seems.

I don't wish to diminish depression or suicide but sometimes it is the long history of self inflicted wounds of poor decisions that cause folks to come to this end.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.