Author Topic: Walking dead season 2 tonight  (Read 71753 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Walking dead season three, life on the farm.
« Reply #250 on: March 14, 2012, 08:09:29 AM »
Talking with a friend of mine about the Lori hating factor last night, and he said something that made me laugh my ass off...

"Lori? She's not Wesley Crusher, but she's close."

If any of you remember, when ST:TNG was on, there were whole anti-fan clubs devoted to figuring out how to get Wesley into an air lock and cycle it...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #251 on: March 14, 2012, 09:22:48 AM »
Talking with a friend of mine about the Lori hating factor last night, and he said something that made me laugh my ass off...

"Lori? She's not Wesley Crusher, but she's close."

If any of you remember, when ST:TNG was on, there were whole anti-fan clubs devoted to figuring out how to get Wesley into an air lock and cycle it...

Don't need an airlock, just beam him into space.  Oops!  Transporter "accident"/macguffin

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #252 on: March 14, 2012, 10:31:17 PM »
if there is any justice in the world, Lori will DIE =D

My wife commented that Lori should be next a few episodes ago.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: Walking dead season 2 tonight
« Reply #253 on: March 18, 2012, 09:27:57 PM »
Save the ammo just drive in circles running them down with the pickups.
Common people.
Who got munched in the winebago?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #254 on: March 18, 2012, 10:25:30 PM »
That was Jimmy.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #255 on: March 18, 2012, 10:27:55 PM »
Those people are the greatest shots of all time. Running vehicles full speed while doing endless head shots.

What a bunch of frigging idiots.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #256 on: March 18, 2012, 10:32:10 PM »
I wonder if it makes any sense to deliberately hunt zombies by use of traps?

Consider:

Zombies can't climb trees.

Put a guy in a tree stand with a Mosin rifle and a few cases of ammo. He can shoot the nearest zombie.

Sound of shot attracts more zombies. Shoot them all (by their hundreds) like targets at a range until you run out of ammo or get tired or whatnot. Then have a compatriot lure the zombies elsewhere and evacuate.

Do this in an organized fashion and you can dezombify entire areas and then loot them for goods.
There is a zombipocalypse book I read that had a character who was an IPSC shooter gone slightly nuts. He goes to a hospital where there is a horde of zombies behind the fence and runs stages for himself using them for reactive targets. Times himself and keeps scores, too.

Probably had something to do with the author shooting IPSC... :)
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #257 on: March 18, 2012, 10:33:52 PM »
So much for the farm.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #258 on: March 19, 2012, 01:53:02 AM »
Lori and her stupid offspring survived for another season.  I kept hoping she and the kid would get munched.  She went full retard resentful after hubby Rick whacked Shane. I guess we now know where her loyalty really laid.
And I wonder who katana boy person in the hood will turn out to be?  Maybe he's they are connected with the prison shown in the final scene.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 01:57:38 AM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #259 on: March 19, 2012, 02:19:19 AM »
There is a zombipocalypse book I read that had a character who was an IPSC shooter gone slightly nuts. He goes to a hospital where there is a horde of zombies behind the fence and runs stages for himself using them for reactive targets. Times himself and keeps scores, too.

Probably had something to do with the author shooting IPSC... :)

I think I've even read that one. Is it a Russian-language novel? I believe you've mentioned being a Russian speaker in the past.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #260 on: March 19, 2012, 02:20:39 AM »
having never read the comics at first I thought the mysterious hooded figure was Merle and he had stuck a sword on his hand, then I did a rewind and checked out the figure in the hood ( and a fine figure she has )
Season 3 will be a lot better then two and a half.

motorcycle guy has angel wings sown on the back of his jacket, did you notice that the bad guy that Rick shot a few episodes ago ( the bar shootout ) had a shark Tee shirt?

poor planning on their part-always have a bugout location to meet at, standard family emergency planning
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #261 on: March 19, 2012, 02:29:33 AM »
Lori and her stupid offspring survived for another season.  I kept hoping she and the kid would get munched.  She went full retard resentful after hubby Rick whacked Shane. I guess we now know where her loyalty really laid.
And I wonder who katana boy person in the hood will turn out to be?  Maybe he's they are connected with the prison shown in the final scene.

I rewound hooded savior several times, a hot bod underneath- rewind and freeze frame-yow!

imo they are gonna fortify the prison and move in, then anyone who disagrees with the ricktatorship has a nice safe cell to inhabit.

OH YEAH!! gas, you're surrounded by cars with plenty of gas in them and you somehow run out of fuel??? c'mon hollywood writers- no one in the future zombie apoc can figure out how to stick a knife in the gas tank of a huge abandoned truck? no gas delivery trucks on those highways? gee whiz!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:34:50 AM by gunsmith »
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #262 on: March 19, 2012, 08:38:22 AM »
Topix merged.

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #263 on: March 19, 2012, 09:07:49 AM »
I think I've even read that one. Is it a Russian-language novel? I believe you've mentioned being a Russian speaker in the past.

Yes and yes. :)
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #264 on: March 19, 2012, 09:39:26 AM »
"imo they are gonna fortify the prison and move in, then anyone who disagrees with the ricktatorship has a nice safe cell to inhabit."

Oh, I have a funny feeling someone is already living at the prison...

And I can't even believe that no one ever took the time to put up some sort of perimeter fence or wall around the house.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #265 on: March 19, 2012, 10:12:29 AM »
"imo they are gonna fortify the prison and move in, then anyone who disagrees with the ricktatorship has a nice safe cell to inhabit."

Oh, I have a funny feeling someone is already living at the prison...

And I can't even believe that no one ever took the time to put up some sort of perimeter fence or wall around the house.

I believe it. Life on the farm was complacent.  No real walkers till the last episode.
Not sure they could have anticipated the super herd.  Regular fences on the farm probably deflected most of the individual walkers and small groups.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #266 on: March 19, 2012, 10:46:33 AM »
They were convinced isolation was sufficient defense. In hindsight, a fuel-filled moat would have been nice.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #267 on: March 19, 2012, 11:30:52 AM »
...........And I wonder who katana boy person in the hood will turn out to be?  Maybe he's they are connected with the prison shown in the final scene.

Michonne.  They mentioned her in the folow-up show "The Talking Dead."  She was apparantly a major character in the comics and will be next season.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #268 on: March 19, 2012, 11:40:46 AM »
"They were convinced isolation was sufficient defense. In hindsight, a fuel-filled moat would have been nice."

Which, considering the herd of walkers that moved through on the highway, was a pretty damned stupid thing.

I'm thinking I'd want 12-foot iron I beams (above ground) cemented into the ground, double covered with chain link fencing (inside and outside) and woven through with metal rope.

birdman

• friend
« Reply #269 on: March 19, 2012, 11:56:41 AM »
"They were convinced isolation was sufficient defense. In hindsight, a fuel-filled moat would have been nice."

Which, considering the herd of walkers that moved through on the highway, was a pretty damned stupid thing.

I'm thinking I'd want 12-foot iron I beams (above ground) cemented into the ground, double covered with chain link fencing (inside and outside) and woven through with metal rope.

So...a prison?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #270 on: March 19, 2012, 12:01:06 PM »
That's if they had had a lick of sense and decided to fortify the farm.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #271 on: March 19, 2012, 12:03:40 PM »
Surprised nobody ever thought to reinforce the motor home door . . .

Anyone else notice that even though Herschell was blasting walker after walker with his shotgun for quite a while - standing in front of the house - he wasn't really stacking them up? Guess the ones he downed evaporated between shots . . . and he must've had big pockets to keep himself in shells for that long.

Also, towards the end, the walkers were moving away from the burning barn, even though it was collapsing noisily. So the walkers are attracted to and will follow a noisy helicopter, but not noise that's combined with fire.

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

birdman

• friend
« Reply #272 on: March 19, 2012, 12:09:42 PM »
That's if they had had a lick of sense and decided to fortify the farm.

Which brings up a good point..,in general, they don't really think about defense at all.

See abandoned hummers?  Take RV.
See abandoned machine guns?  Leave them.

No more BATFE?  Don't make head/neck level cutting charge "ropes"

birdman

• friend
« Reply #273 on: March 19, 2012, 12:18:18 PM »
Additionally, the whole herd and noise issue means easy interdiction

Send a group at least a few miles away as a roving patrol...find group of walkers...shoot walkers.

If you pick a point beyond gunfire range, you will draw any herds away from your position.  Since it seems like they kinda keep going straight, interdict two groups, one say 2-3 miles out, then one 4-5 miles out.  Any walkers hearing the gunfire will by definition have their bearings changed away from your base.

Repeat periodically (say once a day) to ensnare more.

Better yet, find a natural choke point (river or pass), create a trap-fence to temporarily hold them And command detonated mines...seed with noise makers on a timer (fireworks, explosives, etc) to draw them in, return periodically to detonate, mop up remaining, and re-set trap.

River or small swampy area would be perfect, as we have seen that mud works damn well.

Which brings up another point, since the farm obviously has decent water supply (it's a FARM), no need for a moat, just a soaker-hose and strip the turf from a perimeter, dig a shallow trench, line with plastic to prevent water loss, refill with dirt, add water...mud trap.

Also, they don't even put up tangle-foot wire?  Given the lack of coordination or good vision in the walkers...it seems like a quick, effective, and easy way to gain some time on a herd attack to engage.

Hell, they don't even do that in the comic!

Again, total reliance on counter-PERSON defenses, rather than counter-zombie...

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #274 on: March 19, 2012, 12:24:42 PM »
Just found that actress Danai Gurira will be playing Michonne in the third season.

The figure who saved Andrea last night in the Season 2 finale was just a stand-in, according to the Walking Dead wiki site.