Author Topic: Walking dead season 2 tonight  (Read 71754 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Walking dead season 2 tonight
« Reply #275 on: March 19, 2012, 01:16:49 PM »
Surprised nobody ever thought to reinforce the motor home door . . .

Anyone else notice that even though Herschell was blasting walker after walker with his shotgun for quite a while - standing in front of the house - he wasn't really stacking them up? Guess the ones he downed evaporated between shots . . . and he must've had big pockets to keep himself in shells for that long.

Also, towards the end, the walkers were moving away from the burning barn, even though it was collapsing noisily. So the walkers are attracted to and will follow a noisy helicopter, but not noise that's combined with fire.

TV magic.  At least they showed him reloading, and often show them on the show hitting slide lock, checking magzines, and performing reloads.  They must at least be listening to the technical firearms advisors some.

I'm tempted to get the comics, but not sure I want to completely spoil the next season for myself.

Just found that actress Danai Gurira will be playing Michonne in the third season.

The figure who saved Andrea last night in the Season 2 finale was just a stand-in, according to the Walking Dead wiki site.

The armless walkers on chains with her....that oughta be interesting.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #276 on: March 19, 2012, 01:22:11 PM »
"So the walkers are attracted to and will follow a noisy helicopter, but not noise that's combined with fire."

My guess?

They were following the sound of Darryl's motorcycle.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #277 on: March 19, 2012, 01:26:23 PM »
"The armless walkers on chains with her....that oughta be interesting."

In the comics they're her  ex husband or boyfriend (can't remember) and his best friend.

They attacked and killed her two kids.

She keeps them on chains because it apparently lets her travel through walkers without being detected.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #278 on: March 19, 2012, 01:28:04 PM »
I'm tempted to get the comics, but not sure I want to completely spoil the next season for myself.

At this point, the show has had a number of significant deviations from the comics.  IMO, reading the comics wouldn't have spoiled much so far.  
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #279 on: March 19, 2012, 01:33:02 PM »
"The armless walkers on chains with her....that oughta be interesting."

In the comics they're her  ex husband or boyfriend (can't remember) and his best friend.

They attacked and killed her two kids.

She keeps them on chains because it apparently lets her travel through walkers without being detected.

That was my second guess.  First guess was batshit crazy. 
I'd like to see more of a comic book feel enter the series, and a chick with pet walkers certainly fits that bill.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #280 on: March 19, 2012, 05:22:23 PM »
she's also wearing a zedskin cloak by Buffalo Bill

"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #281 on: March 19, 2012, 06:32:52 PM »

Well, you can't completely spoil it as they are only using the comics as a broad guide.  There are characters who don't exist in the comic (Merle, Darryl), characters who have died on the show who are still around in the comic, and characters who have died on the show who survive quite some time after The Farm before finally dying.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #282 on: March 20, 2012, 07:41:28 AM »
Some interesting ink on Michonne.

Read the related links at the bottom of the page, too. Some neat stuff there, as well.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/%E2%80%98walking-dead%E2%80%99-season-finale-introduces-new-character--has-the-web-buzzing.html

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #283 on: July 11, 2012, 10:10:47 PM »
I'm getting back into this. On ep 9. O Lori why did you have to be such a dumbass?
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #284 on: July 12, 2012, 08:27:29 AM »
I'm getting back into this. On ep 9. O Lori why did you have to be such a dumbass?

Almost any "horror" movie would be especially short if any of the characters weren't spectacularly dumb. Obviously, the applies especially to a "horror" television series.

(I'm guessing it's because the writers are lazy.)
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Jamisjockey

• friend
« Reply #285 on: July 12, 2012, 09:27:47 AM »
Yep. Inept and stupid choices are the easiest way to place the protagonists into frightening, dangerous and dramatic sequences.
Having very thoughtful and creative zombie killers who take little risk without great reward, and don't do stupid *expletive deleted*it would mean that writers would have to work much harder.
And Lori is an epic dumbass.
JD

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #286 on: July 12, 2012, 11:44:44 AM »

And Lori is an epic dumbass.

Is Lori the jackwagon who took a rifle shot when the sun was interfering with her sightpicture, and when the sheriff was closer and knew what was going on?  IIRC she hit Mr. Crossbow in the side of the head, hurting him but (thankfully) not killing him.
That was one idiotic thing that stands out particularly for me.  I was yelling at the TV "YOU DON"T TAKE A SHOT UNDER THOSE CONDITIONS!  ONLY A JACKASS TAKES A ---DAMN, THE JACKASS SHOT!!!!"
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:47:49 AM by TommyGunn »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #287 on: July 12, 2012, 11:51:40 AM »
That wasn't actually her, but rather the blonde.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #288 on: July 12, 2012, 12:09:24 PM »
That wasn't actually her, but rather the blonde.

Yes. And that particular blonde has been pretty capable throughout.

There were 5 or 6 times I wanted to slap Carl silly.

There were slow spots in this season. But overall I think it was very good television. The eddying and building tension buildup between Rick and Shane was, in the two last last episodes, brilliant. The fact that Shane ended up dead was not a surprise but how it was accomplished was. Rick plays to expectations--and then WHAM. Very satisfying conclusion to that subplot. However...Rick does seem to have a little bit of Shane in him now since "this is not a democracy anymore."

Looking forward to the next season and the return of Merle!

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #289 on: July 12, 2012, 12:17:37 PM »
While I'm just as annoyed by the stoopid, I'm trying tolet go of my skepticism and treating it like a trashy serial/soap opera, with better production values. It's entertainment, after all. Also looking forward to the return of Hell on Wheels.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #290 on: July 12, 2012, 01:15:26 PM »
Is Lori the jackwagon who took a rifle shot when the sun was interfering with her sightpicture, and when the sheriff was closer and knew what was going on?  IIRC she hit Mr. Crossbow in the side of the head, hurting him but (thankfully) not killing him.
That was one idiotic thing that stands out particularly for me.  I was yelling at the TV "YOU DON"T TAKE A SHOT UNDER THOSE CONDITIONS!  ONLY A JACKASS TAKES A ---DAMN, THE JACKASS SHOT!!!!"

Lori is the mom who told her husband to deal with his best friend who she has had  an affair with because she thought her husband was dead.  Then when he deals with the friend who has been affairing with the wife she gets all angry with him.
Lori also took off from the group, alone, without telling anyone and crashed her car because she was reading a map while driving setting herself up to be attacked, she had left her sidearm on the seat next to her, so naturally when she flipped the car and was getting attacked she had no idea where the gun was.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #291 on: July 12, 2012, 01:29:27 PM »
Lori is the mom who told her husband to deal with his best friend who she has had  an affair with because she thought her husband was dead.  Then when he deals with the friend who has been affairing with the wife she gets all angry with him.
Lori also took off from the group, alone, without telling anyone and crashed her car because she was reading a map while driving setting herself up to be attacked, she had left her sidearm on the seat next to her, so naturally when she flipped the car and was getting attacked she had no idea where the gun was.

That doesn't sound too bright either! :lol: =D [popcorn]

Seriously, it's been awhile & keeping track of some of the character's names has proved a bit of a challenge for me.  :rofl: :facepalm: ;) ;/ ;/ ;/ :cool: :angel: :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #292 on: July 12, 2012, 08:56:53 PM »
Looking forward to the next season and the return of Merle!

Which one's Merle?
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #293 on: July 12, 2012, 09:05:16 PM »
D
Which one's Merle?

Daryl's brother.  A chip off the old block, at least before Daryl started to lose some of his rougher edges.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #294 on: July 12, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »
Rewatching the "vato" episode with a buddy tonight. The writers subverted the hispanic gangbangers trope beautifully.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #295 on: July 13, 2012, 10:19:37 AM »
D
Daryl's brother.  A chip off the old block, at least before Daryl started to lose some of his rougher edges.

And he's coming back? Handless?
Damn. Daryl was finally on his way to casting off his inferiority complex and becoming a decent person. What a shame. Unless Daryl ends up being the one to put Merle down.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #296 on: July 13, 2012, 10:39:30 AM »
Maybe there will be a redemption arc for Merle as well.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #297 on: July 14, 2012, 01:24:19 PM »
Merle is back! And he's got a mother*expletive deleted*ing bayonet strapped to his stump!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ShQz68Zkb3Y

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #298 on: July 14, 2012, 03:12:53 PM »
awesome!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #299 on: October 03, 2012, 12:35:14 PM »
For those without cable but do have Netflix, Season Two is not available for streaming.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.