Author Topic: FBI raids terrorist Amish group involved in hate crimes against other Amish  (Read 4336 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
You can't make this stuff up. The FBI arrested seven members of a "terrorist" breakaway Amish group that had attacked other Amish, cutting off hair and beards. The leader of the rogue Amish group also had sex with the married women in his group.

All seven members are being charged with hate crimes under federal law.

Members of other Amish communities bought Mace and shotguns for defense against the group. The sheriff described the leader of the terrorist Amish group as "evil".

What's next? Buggy-by shootings? Quaker Nazi's, who declare war and then refuse to serve?

The story is here

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
What's next? Buggy-by shootings? Quaker Nazi's, who declare war and then refuse to serve?

Militant nudists?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Once again proving that ANY faith can be twisted into something cult-like...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
Strings, I intended this to be a funny post, not an invitation to start another Crusades. ;)

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
So instead of the Screaming Beards, it's the Screaming About Beards.

As to the shotguns I hope they realize that you do have to use the sights. It's not good just to be aimish with it.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Wasn't going for a crusade, Dick. Nor was I aiming at any one religion.

I've made the point any number of times that ANY religion can be twisted. Hadn't heard of it happening in the Amish community before, though...

If anyone took my statement as "aimed" at anyone, my apologies. Such was NOT intended!
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Militant nudists?

Where to the keep spare mags?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
Where to the keep spare mags?

Why, in the beards, of course. Why do you think the terrorist group was shaving beards? To get ammo.

Just giving you a hard time, Strings. You have to admit, though, that as religious news stories go, this is one of the weirdest.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
I'm not sure which is weirder - rogue Amish, or making a federal case out of a local assault case  :mad:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

HankB

• friend
Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, BANG! Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop . . .

And as for armed Quakers . . . I remember a story about a Quaker with a shotgun who confronted a burglar: "Friend, I would not harm thee for the world, but thou art standing where I am about to shoot."
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
I'm not sure which is weirder - rogue Amish, or making a federal case out of a local assault case  :mad:

Wasn't local. I believe the assailants crossed a state border in their raids.

There's gotta be a straight line in there, somewhere, but it's not coming to me.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
This is one of those stories that make the guys at The Onion scream "Oh, Come on !!!!"
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Wasn't local. I believe the assailants crossed a state border in their raids.

There's gotta be a straight line in there, somewhere, but it's not coming to me.

Taking a horse across a state line without a Coggins test  ???
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop, BANG! Clip-clop, Clip-clop, Clip-clop . . .

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.