Author Topic: Gore Sells Currents TV to Al-Jazeera  (Read 4013 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Gore Sells Currents TV to Al-Jazeera
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2013, 03:56:13 PM »
I'll actually give Obama a little credit for the speech he gave when he accepted the award.

You could see the audience was just worshiping him...

And then he got to the section of the speech where he said that yes, war is bad, but you know what? We reserve the right to go to war...

This is where the aura of worshipfulness started to crack for many in the audience:

"There will be times when nations - acting individually or in concert - will find the use of force not only necessary but morally justified."

And this is where you could see some of them start to think... what the hell have we done?

"...the United States of America has helped underwrite global security for more than six decades with the blood of our citizens and the strength of our arms. The service and sacrifice of our men and women in uniform has promoted peace and prosperity from Germany to Korea, and enabled democracy to take hold in places like the Balkans. We have borne this burden not because we seek to impose our will. We have done so out of enlightened self-interest - because we seek a better future for our children and grandchildren, and we believe that their lives will be better if other peoples' children and grandchildren can live in freedom and prosperity."

I like to think that in that there was more than a little dig at the European tools who built their modern social services state on the backs of American tax payers and then have the audacity to decry us as warmongers.

With this statement, you could visibly see some in the audience actually frown: "I - like any head of state - reserve the right to act unilaterally if necessary to defend my nation."

He didn't give the speech that those elitist fools thought he was going to. I really believe that they thought he was going to accept the award and go on a 20 minute Bush Bash Bender.

And another dig at the elites in the audience:

"But I also know this: the belief that peace is desirable is rarely enough to achieve it. Peace requires responsibility. Peace entails sacrifice. That is why NATO continues to be indispensable."

I don't think they liked him nearly as much as they did just before he started speaking.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2013, 04:20:16 PM »
I don't think they liked him nearly as much as they did just before he started speaking.

A reminder of the fact that most(many?) liberals in the United States would be considered conservatives in much of the world.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2013, 04:28:40 PM »
Gore said something condesending about his "ending up" at Fox.

Considering Fox has more viewers than MSNBC and CNN combined it probably isn't a bad thing to "end up" at Fox.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/fox-news-2012-cable-news-networks-tv-ratings-msnbc-cnn/

He didn't give the speech that those elitist fools thought he was going to. I really believe that they thought he was going to accept the award and go on a 20 minute Bush Bash Bender.

He made up for it since then.