Author Topic: More WI serial killer weirdness  (Read 4005 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: More WI serial killer weirdness
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2014, 09:40:05 AM »
>Or did the WAPD know more about him, and the sqads were there every few days because he was on some kind of "unofficial parole"?<

Or he had a friend(s) still on the force who shared his... appetites?

[tinfoil]

Yep, that's what I'm wondering.
I promise not to duck.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2014, 10:25:42 AM »
Monsters walk among us.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2014, 11:06:26 AM »
I don't understand why the guy (allegedly) dumped the suitcases in such a conspicuous location.  It is literally less than 1000 feet from the Como town hall/police station.  And there's a large swampy area just a quarter of a mile down highway H.  He must have been in a hurry, otherwise it seems he'd scout out a much more isolated area, of which there are many in that area.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2014, 11:30:00 AM »
I don't understand why the guy (allegedly) dumped the suitcases in such a conspicuous location.  It is literally less than 1000 feet from the Como town hall/police station.  And there's a large swampy area just a quarter of a mile down highway H.  He must have been in a hurry, otherwise it seems he'd scout out a much more isolated area, of which there are many in that area.

Yeah, you'd think as an ex-cop, he'd have some idea of where bodies are found easily and where they are not, even if as a WAPD beat-cop, he didn't have tons of exposure to that sort of thing. And as a single guy, he presumably had no demands on his time that would have prevented him from being more thorough. Like scouting areas beforehand, then coming back to a marked location in the dark to be unobserved. (hello... GPS smartphone?)

Although people can be exceedingly stupid and neurotic in all sorts of ways, like the space-diaper astronaut woman who drove cross-country to kill/abduct her ex-lover and his wife. Or any number of high ranking "failure is not an option" military officers who lose their commands over the dumbest most facepalmy stuff imaginable.

It could have been dark and he thought the place was more remote than it was, city-slicker bias that because there were no cars when he dumped, it was "remote", when it was actually a high-density semi-rural area. Having the pair of bodies was getting to him, some sort of denial they'd ID the bodies and link them to him...
I promise not to duck.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2014, 11:39:16 AM »
Smart and careful criminals are very rarely caught, and when they are it tends to be because they were so prolific that the cumulative probability of a mistake caught up to them.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2014, 12:39:47 PM »
Smart and careful criminals are very rarely caught, and when they are it tends to be because they were so prolific that the cumulative probability of a mistake caught up to them.

Or they can't stand the lack of recognition, and start dropping "zodiac letters" to the local papers etc. or start intentionally leaving clues, or misdirection clues, but then slip up and leave actual clues in the communication or false clues they think they've scrubbed.
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2014, 12:46:50 PM »
Yeah, you'd think as an ex-cop, he'd have some idea of where bodies are found easily and where they are not, even if as a WAPD beat-cop, he didn't have tons of exposure to that sort of thing. And as a single guy, he presumably had no demands on his time that would have prevented him from being more thorough. Like scouting areas beforehand, then coming back to a marked location in the dark to be unobserved. (hello... GPS smartphone?)

Although people can be exceedingly stupid and neurotic in all sorts of ways, like the space-diaper astronaut woman who drove cross-country to kill/abduct her ex-lover and his wife. Or any number of high ranking "failure is not an option" military officers who lose their commands over the dumbest most facepalmy stuff imaginable.

It could have been dark and he thought the place was more remote than it was, city-slicker bias that because there were no cars when he dumped, it was "remote", when it was actually a high-density semi-rural area. Having the pair of bodies was getting to him, some sort of denial they'd ID the bodies and link them to him...

I was going to say, take a little trip, 2.5 hours or so a guy would be north of HWY 29 where you have millions of acres of tamarack swamp and national/state forest. You could walk a 1/2 mile in*, dig a shallow grave, and the bodies wouldn't turn up for another 100 years. OTOH, there was a case a few years ago where a human head was found under a bridge near Pembine, WI (I actually know the bridge, we have a place near the spot), because someone thought dismembering a body and dumping it into a river would be enough- once again, the 1/2 mile rule comes into effect.

*provided that you don't get lost. For the most part, I notice that most hunters won't go much more than 1/4 mile into a tamarack swamp unless they had to.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2014, 03:23:33 PM »
I know I'm repeating myself, but I have to stress that it REALLY weirds me out all the times I've seen a WAPD squad car parked in front of his apartment. As in.. every few days. There was a squad car there so often over the years, Mrs. Dual and I thought the small commercial building next door immediately to the east on the corner of 80th and Lincoln, that's got the insurance office in it, and has seen a string of small shops or hair salons come and go was actually a WAPD substation, like some others they have had distributed around town.

Was it just a friend who is still on the PD who didn't care about the hooker problem that got him fired, and didn't know about the other stuff?

Was it multiple friends?

Are a bunch of the WAPD into the "BSDM Scene"?  

Was it some sort of "unofficial probation" the guy was on, because the WAPD didn't want the black eye of the running hooker, if they'd brought charges over it back in 2001, but knew the guy was a serious creeper?

Were they ever in the apartment while the women's corpses were in there?

Maybe most importantly, how can I use this information to my benefit to make the chief sign off on NFA F1's should rule 41p go into effect?  >:D
I promise not to duck.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2014, 03:42:31 PM »

Saw a WAPD squad parked here so often, that I half expected one to have been captured on Google Street View.  [tinfoil]
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2014, 03:53:29 PM »
Is there a chance that a current WAPD officer lives in the building and parks his squad out on the street (because he can get away with it) and his personal vehicle in the parking lot?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2014, 06:04:24 PM »
Is there a chance that a current WAPD officer lives in the building and parks his squad out on the street (because he can get away with it) and his personal vehicle in the parking lot?

Possible, but it seems unlikely. Even if only from the pure statistics of the WAPD having x officers, and there being x-thousand possible residences in West Allis, and IIRC, West Allis not having a residency requirement.

I actually thought it was his squad car, until I learned he'd been drummed out in 2001.
I promise not to duck.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2014, 11:58:04 AM »
Are a bunch of the WAPD into the "BSDM Scene"?  

I thought that was a prerequisite for the job . . .

It'll be interesting to see if the car is parked there as often now that the lid has come off.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht