Author Topic: Vegans can do anything!  (Read 4006 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Vegans can do anything!
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2016, 04:10:02 PM »
This thread is worthless without pics.

Last nights supper ( and today's lunch)

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2016, 05:12:49 PM »
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

wmenorr67

• friend
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2016, 11:21:09 AM »
I guess the verbspeak would have it:  "She didn't summit."

And the pidgin would be: "She no summit."

I hereby resist saying, "That about sums it up."
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2016, 12:00:41 PM »
Either way, my understanding is that it's not really considered a successful summit attempt if you don't make it back to base camp. And reach the top or not more people die on the way down than up.

Sent from my iPhone. Freaking autocorrect.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2016, 03:27:58 PM »
There are over 200 dead bodies on Everest including a place called "Rainbow Valley", so named because of all the brightly colored clothing worn by the now deceased climbers.   It is considered the largest active mass grave in the world.

NSFW:  Lots of pics of dead bodies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-YFK5gOo-g
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2016, 03:35:50 PM »
From scout26's link, we find:

Everest presents dangers such as altitude sickness, weather, wind as well as significant objective hazards from avalanches and the Khumbu Icefall. As of 2016, there are well over 200 corpses still on the mountain, with some of them even serving as landmarks.

Category
Entertainment <<Note
License
Standard YouTube License

Mmmkay....

No wonder Sir George Everest didn't want it named after him.

"Ever rest."  Hmmm.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 03:48:07 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Vegans can do anything!
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2016, 03:52:35 PM »
There are over 200 dead bodies on Everest including a place called "Rainbow Valley", so named because of all the brightly colored clothing worn by the now deceased climbers.   It is considered the largest active mass grave in the world.

NSFW:  Lots of pics of dead bodies.

Not far from green boots is another guy that basically died during a discovery series. Different expedition, actually more of a pay to get you there and setup some basic supply caches on the route and then have fun on your own outfit more so than an expedition iirc, but they crossed paths both going up and down while he froze to death and the radio traffic made it into the show. Lots of others passed as well either not seeing him or thinking he was already dead.

They took a *expletive deleted*it load of flack over it. Mostly from people who have never so much as took a stroll on a nice path in the park, of course.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2016, 09:37:49 PM »
Not far from green boots is another guy that basically died during a discovery series. Different expedition, actually more of a pay to get you there and setup some basic supply caches on the route and then have fun on your own outfit more so than an expedition iirc, but they crossed paths both going up and down while he froze to death and the radio traffic made it into the show. Lots of others passed as well either not seeing him or thinking he was already dead.

They took a *expletive deleted*it load of flack over it. Mostly from people who have never so much as took a stroll on a nice path in the park, of course.

From what I just read, the reason they took flak for it was because they found him in trouble, but alive and still able to move, on their way up, while they were fresh, and left him there so they could complete their summit rather than abandon their climb to help him down.

I certainly hope they caught flak for it. Even if they had been unsuccessful at saving his life, making the attempt *should* be more important than getting your bragging rights for climbing a mountain.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2016, 10:40:34 PM »
There are over 200 dead bodies on Everest including a place called "Rainbow Valley", so named because of all the brightly colored clothing worn by the now deceased climbers.   It is considered the largest active mass grave in the world.

NSFW:  Lots of pics of dead bodies.

Watched the video, it included Jack Nicholson in "The Shining"...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!