Author Topic: NHL Hockey...  (Read 1719 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
NHL Hockey...
« on: July 13, 2005, 11:50:10 AM »
Looks like the millionairs who skate and the multimillionairs who own the skaters are finally coming close to ending the labor dispute that wiped out an entire season.

Given that they're squabbling over the kinds of money that I will never, in my wildest dreams, see...

Why the hell should I care?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

SalukiFan

• friend
NHL Hockey...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 12:35:13 PM »
I can tell you why I care.  I attended a minor league hockey game in the absence of NHL action last season.  The game was so boring, I would have preferred flipping through outdated Oprah magazines in a doctor's waiting room.

Bring on the NHL.  I'll be glad to see some professional strength hockey again. cool

Dannyboy

• friend
NHL Hockey...
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 02:58:57 AM »
Quote from: Mike Irwin
Why the hell should I care?
You really shouldn't.  I mean, it's not like hockey is the least bit entertaining and the players are just spoiled brats.  Um, yeah, that's it.  I don't think anyone really cares if you like hockey or not but to disparage the game because all involved make more money than you is pretty lame, don't you think?  Personally, I can't wait for the season to start.  I've had some serious withdrawal issues.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

client32

• friend
NHL Hockey...
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 06:04:35 AM »
I got addicted a few years ago.  We do have a minor league type thing here and it is ok, so I didn't suffer too much.  Our goalie came back this past year due to the NHL problems, so that help our little team.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations - APS homepage 3/4/05 - 5/20/05

Never ask a man where he is from. If he is from Texas he will tell you. If he isn't there's no need to embarass him.

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
NHL Hockey...
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2005, 09:33:30 AM »
Did the minor league thing last year.  IMHO, way too violent, the minor league.  Seems the emphasis is more on hitting each other as hard as you can, than trying to put the puck in the goal.

But yeah, I have no sympathy for either side.  Hate it for the players, I doubt 95% of them wanted whatever they are bargaining for, hate it for the owners, who lost a lot of money, and ate it mostly for the fans, who missed out on hockey, and had to watch basketball instead.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
NHL Hockey...
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2005, 09:36:41 AM »
Congratuations, Dannyboy, you completely missed the point.

Read my message again, and TRY to comprehend what is actually being said.

Am I disparaging the game? Do I say "I HATE hockey because the owners and players are a bunch of punk assed puke whiny bastards..."

No. In fact, I've been to several minor league hockey games while the whiny SOBs on both sides have been crying over $10 million here and $12 million there while failing to key in on the fact that by wiping out the season BOTH sides have lost far more than what they're fighting about.

What's truly lame is the apparent willingness of some people to be the slaves of these high-value morons.

Guess where that money is going to come from in a year or two?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.