Author Topic: Why Alan and Kfir are criminally negligent fools, and bonus features  (Read 2065 times)

So some organized group of hackers got into their site, through a real exploit. I'm amazed, most stuff these days is kiddie exploit crap. Although, it was financially oriented. It's all financially oriented now, BS from people trying to tell you they're the spiritual second generation of the hackers that built the internet and loved exploring aside.

Alan and Kfir of protestwarrior are buffoons. Seriously. They're using the situation to try to deflect attention from the fact that they stored credit cards on their server with no encryption and improper security.

Let me say that again:

NO. ENCRYPTION.

If an incident had actually happened to the point of customer's card data being used, they'd be in for a minimum of 500k fines from credit card companies for improper storage, and the herd-thinking super patriots over there would probably try to say it's some kind of leftist conspiracy. Hayzeus tapdancing Christos, there are special levels of hell reserved for people that incompetant.

I was removed from PW for posting their administrative password hashes for the forum after telling them for the umpteenth time they needed to fix what was letting me get it, and their attitude toward security hasn't improved since, except for now where they have to now that big money is involved and people might stop sending in the precious precious money.

Also, what's up with everyone wishing prison rape on that kid? He's a dumbass, everyone starting the "free dumbass" site is a spin-gobbling idiot, but I'd have to say that prison rape isn't funny and wishing it on people isn't either. Let's be frank, people: Prison rape is only funny if it involves a clown.

Second, what's up with these "right wing hackers"? I laugh hysterically each time I see the contrast:

Left wing hacker jackass tries to mess with goatse-level gaping security holes in PW = LYNCHING TIME. (Not that I don't think he shouldn't be barred from computers for life, but wanting to kill someone? Get a life.)

Right wing hacker jackass runs out of creative ideas or skill and resorts to a ten hour DDoS on a democrat website, costing them thousands of dollars and causing collateral damage/slowdown all along the peering structure = WOW THEY R TEH AWESOME.

There are some people, ostensibly on my side against leftists, who I will gleefully punch into unconsciousness should I get the chance. Oh, and the testicle-impaired people who always post about how someone they don't like / disagree with needs killing are pathetic. Let's have a cheer to the internet- letting socially challenged arfcommers who would have a hard time even forming words if suddenly placed within the supposed target of their vengeful desires talk like people who actually have the brass ones to commit acts of violence against people who haven't started it first. I'm awed at how many people must be going around with angry little lives judging from how fast they are to post that they want someone to go kill the guy who made the 'forsake the troops' website. These unstable loons also own guns. I had better buy more.

But enough ranting. If you give a single dollar to Protestwarrior via credit card, you are underwriting near-criminal incompetance. And if you think that messing with websites is an appropriate way to show your political allegiance, you are an asshat.

And one last aside:

People who use the word '*Not nice word for gay men*' or 'gay' as an insult, or who dislike gay people beyond a normal 'um that's not my thing' feeling, without exception have latent psychological issues involving their own sexuality and repressed desires. That's right, the guy who keeps posting richard simmons pictures to reply to any posts that he thinks are 'gay' and talks big about how awful and abhorrent and deserving of beatings gay men are, probably lies in bed at night crying because he doesn't want to be attracted to men.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Why Alan and Kfir are criminally negligent fools, and bonus features
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2005, 10:46:46 AM »
I don't know why I'm responding to this post.  It makes no sense at all.  It seems computers, video games and MTV have robbed you of the ability to write in clear sentences and paragraphs that progress logically from one thought to the next.  Please remove all computers, televisions and video playback devices from your house.  Read a book and slow down.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 12:04:31 PM »
or who dislike gay people beyond a normal 'um that's not my thing' feeling,
So your saying all Christians who believe it is a sin to perverse God's intended role of human sexuality have...how was it...

latent psychological issues involving their own sexuality and repressed desires.
I have to say I disagree with that one.

By that your saying anyone, not even those with religious views contrary to the behavior, are the ones with the issues?
Your right perhaps it IS the rest of the 95-97% of the world's population that is heterosexual who are all wrong, and secretly desire to be homosexual. rolleyes

I am a bit confused what that has to do with the violation of the Protest Warrior website.  (negligent hosting or not)

I suppose the subject line along the lines of "general rant" was more appropriate?
If so then carry on.  :p
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

thevoicessaid

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 11:27:08 PM »
Mixing a whole bunch of diverse subjects into a single rant confuses issues. If you really want to be heard, be concise and stick to one area of comment at a time. :/

mfree

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 04:51:06 AM »
what the.... are you talking about?

Pick one topic per post and stick to it. Right now it sounds like that Alan and Kfir are criminals because you're not a homophobe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 01:20:08 PM »
you weren't wrong

you weren't right

you were incoherent

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 02:07:56 PM »
NO. ENCRYPTION.
BAD.  BAD.

No encryption in dealing with CC's is like leaving the bank vault door open.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2005, 03:10:14 PM »
Sorry, editing posts for greater coherency is like releasing a remix: it's admitting you were wrong.
What have you got against remixes?  Some of the best tunes are remixes of originals. Cheesy

On the topic of PW getting hacked...Wow, methinks those chaps need a good shot of paranoia in their morning coffee.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Strings

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2005, 03:23:47 PM »
oh good gods... I'm gonna be seen kinda agreeing with fistful. People are gonna think I've gone 'round the bend!

Blackburn: switch to decaf, man! I could figure out what you were saying, but damn... talk about work! Anyway...

No encryption with credit cards=criminal stupidity. Yep... boys need to wake up and smell the Sanka...

Hackers on the left, hackers on the right: all (the newer breed) are foolish at best, wastes of oxygen at worst. Anytime one side pulls a nasty trick, you can bet the other is paying attention and planning on using it...

"Gay" as a negative exclamation: I'll agree with ya there, I've never understood it myself. Of course, there's LOTS of things I don't understand about our slang...

Strings

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2005, 07:28:58 PM »
So fistful: we did agree that I wouldn't try feeding you to lions, you wouldn't try burning me at the stake, right? Wink

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 03:02:28 AM »
Of course, dear friend.

Now just give me your credit card number.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 04:04:42 AM »
The concept is considered "hacktivism" (sp?)   Hacking for political purposes.  I question the intelligence of it, but I've seen it work.  

When Hong Kong was being handed over, the Chinese cracked down on certain hacker groups.   Certain other hacker groups played hell with Chinese communication networks.   Rumor says they managed to cripple a military satellite.  Not sure if it's true or not, but the satellite in question did go out of service.  The Chinese somewhat backed off.

Conducted properly, it's informational warfare.   Conducted poorly, it's vandalism at best.

Bad examples?

Certain 'patriotic' folks routinely brought down the English al-Jazerra website.  Incredibly stupid, and basically a waste of time.  Basically any DoS attack on political websites fall under this umbrella of being rather pointless.  Mirroring content in a distributed manner negates the DoS attack.  

Good examples?

Hackers developing security applications.  China and Iran are big examples.  Hackers created applications that created anonymous encrypted networks.  These virtual networks pass along information without knowing where the information came from, nor what the information really is.  This is VERY handy when it comes to resistance groups inside repressive countries.  Even if the information is decrypted, there is no way to find out where it came from.  Stegnography (hiding data inside of other data) applications have become popular within resistance groups also.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.